Hard luck for Caspers electronics....

turbosam6

My cars suck
News page for the Chrome Pony - Mustang site

I think this is utter BS, Jesus Christ, there are real problems to address in this country and companies like Caspers are being targeted? I love how they "estimate" the pollution caused by the use of O2 sims. Retards.

One step closer to being forced to drive electric cars.......

These clean air cops have really started hammering custom motorcycle shops & builders lately also. The times are a changing............... for the worse!

get what ya gotta get now!!!

With a $74,000 fine and a mandatory buy back of 44,000 devices I would think that would spell certain death for a small company....If I were the owner i'd move to Canada

Wow, how and the heck did he ever get on their radar? :eek:

That blows, and quite frankly, I'm global warming the hell out. Everyone run for your lives, here comes Global Warming!! :eek:

That sucks, so what happens if people don't want to sell the devices back to him?? So are all the retailers going to be in trouble too I wonder???

That sucks, so what happens if people don't want to sell the devices back to him?? So are all the retailers going to be in trouble too I wonder???

My guess is that if you didn't want to sell the device back to him you wouldn't have to, or you could say you lost it or threw it away.

Rumors are that it won't close him down, but I don't see how it couldn't. $74,000 plus possibly tens of thousands to buy the units back? 44,000 units at what, $20 each or more? Thats creeping up on the million dollar mark. If he has that kind of disposable income I'm changing careers.

I would think that if the sale of such items is being deemed illegal, retailers would fall into the same boat? They did sell them, after all. If I buy and sell crack, me and the guy I bought it from are going to be locked up.

The thing that pisses me off the most is that the government is wasting time with crap like this when there are real issues that need desperate attention in this country, hot rodders not being one of them. But a business like Caspers is like an easy, defenseless target.

How ridiculous is it that buying O2 sims will be very difficult, but I can go out right now and find a few dozen drug dealers to sell me drugs right now? If I can find them (I'm not a drug user, BTW), surely the authorities can too. Its just easier to pick on the little guy.

WOW, I can't F'n beleive this. He must have some really bad legal representation, or the Government has a hard on EPA style. How could they not argue that it is not Caspers that REMOVES THE 0.2 sensors, it is the consumer. The sims merely stop the engine light from coming on. This is bull****. That poor bastard has to pay 70k in damages. That is ridiculous.

We need more info on this...

There has to be more to this story, my thinking is that the "02 sims" must have been illegal all the time they were selling them anyway and not just all of the sudden illegal like the story implies. It is certainly worth the effort to fight such a ruling, and Im sure there are ways around such an unfair ruling that a hi powered attorney can overcome.

http://www.usdoj.gov/enrd/Consent_Decrees/Casper/r_Casper's_Electronics_CDFinal.pdf

With a $74,000 fine and a mandatory buy back of 44,000 devices I would think that would spell certain death for a small company....If I were the owner i'd move to Canada

I agree, tell him to move to Canada...Just not Vancouver they suck too.

He needs to release the recipe for making an O2 SIM to the public, free of charge, now. :cool:

Our bureacracy is so bass ackwards now it's not even funny.

:(

We've lost our country folks.

I just wished that those of us that still believed in freedom all lived in the same area so we could try this secession thing over again.

I'm starting to think that it's hunting season for treehuggers...Gore should be first.

wow i was just on the site not but a day or 2 ago. this is a shame. i hope he recovers from this. It would be bad to lose a vendor like him. He had alot of hotair parts that where hard to find.

wow i was just on the site not but a day or 2 ago. this is a shame. i hope he recovers from this. It would be bad to lose a vendor like him. He had alot of hotair parts that where hard to find.

i agree my whole car is built with his stuff..