Hard hit for Ricardo LaCosta

Phatman

Senior Irish Member
I haven't seen or heard of Ricardo being at the track in quite a while.
Last I new he was selling his hot rod. I got a message Wednesday night saying he and his brother along with a few other's were at the track for testing. I got a message a little later saying he had put it into the wall hard on his second pass. I was told he was a little shaken up, but should be ok....

Theres a blast from the past. Hope it wasnt too bad.

My first stage 2 was built using an article that I had read about his car in Turbo and Hitech Performance mag. I have a TE69 that has been around since 98 and still running very very strong.

Theres a blast from the past. Hope it wasnt too bad.
I understood him to be coherent and responsive, but he got the 911 treatment.
His car looked to be salvageable from what I saw, but took hits on both sides and nose damage.

Hate to here he wrecked the car. Hope he is ok. He is one of the very cool old school Buick guys that has been around for a long time...

Thats sucks, he's been reworking thats car for years. New certified chassis and an LSX set-up over the Stage motor. Hope its not too bad him and the car.

Sorry to hear that, I hope Ricardo is ok and the car is not too bad. He is a really nice guy and is one of the original Turbo Buick racers still left. I'll never forget the time he drove his twin turbo Stage2 WH1 backhalf car to the local steak and shake for the car show. Very cool.