Handgun recommendations for a First time Female Shooter

If you watch gunbroker closely you can find new American Eagle .50 Cal ammo for $250 shipped for $100! There are several sites on the net to get A/P .50's for like $3.25 a round!

I am going to get a 338l, it is on the wish list!!! Wether that list ever gets filled is the question lol!!!!

Yeah, the 50 is just a beast.... If I had to only have one of the two it would be the .50 for the sheer power of it!
just like here i support the locals at home .. it's worth the extra coin to keep a good range open to the public .. i support midwest gun exchange .. great group of guy's .. ive spent many a weekend paying there rent ..;)..my oldest brother steve takes his 50 hunting up north ..one shot ..then drop ..no chasing in the woods ..:D

Wheeeeelp , Im still waiting for my frigging pistol permits. This coming week will be 2 months. Hasn't been top priority Last 2 weeks with my older brother haviing a little girl. But, they got me by the balls here . I hope I get the call for the permits,But the 12 gauge pump will do just fine for now!!

I don't know nothin about nothin or home defence but I was at a friends house whose dad was a cop and he wanted to try another friends dads 357 so it was brought over and the cop loaded it with blanks and fired a few towards a wall. HOLY F**K that is loud indoors,even when you are expecting it you could drop a load on the floor. I always laugh when watching movies and the gun shots are nice little neatly compressed bursts.

FINALLY... just got the call that my permits are in.. over 3 friggin months. What a crock a shit, they took my money and both of my balls. Lets hope I can find a decent price on some guns around town before I get one shipped to a FFL

You live in a state that has a history of gangsters getting into government and doing all kinds of things. You had to go through a full background check I'm sure so they knew you weren't going to do something that wasn't liberal.:D

FINALLY... just got the call that my permits are in.. over 3 friggin months. What a crock a shit, they took my money and both of my balls. Lets hope I can find a decent price on some guns around town before I get one shipped to a FFL
Just remember you can get multiple guns on each permit... Gets flagged as a multiple but still you can get up to 2 handguns and unlimited long guns per permit!

Just remember you can get multiple guns on each permit... Gets flagged as a multiple but still you can get up to 2 handguns and unlimited long guns per permit!
I already had my shotgun/long gun purchaser's card, I had to re apple for pistol permits. I got 2 permits. I can buy two guns using only one permit?? Not sure if I understand that. B/c I know I can only buy 1 pistol, then Id have to wait 30days before I can buy my 2nd! But I am able to extend my permits to be valid for another 90days, just by going to the chief of police.

You live in a state that has a history of gangsters getting into government and doing all kinds of things. You had to go through a full background check I'm sure so they knew you weren't going to do something that wasn't liberal.:D
Full backround and mental health check, Drivers Liscense check. I told you they took both of my balls. I wasnt kidding.lol . This state does suck, crazy taxes, its a goddamn concrete jungle anymore( around me anyways, luckily I do still have crops fields, but threre only there bc there preserved farms, which I feel is awesome) Its def not a state that makes owning firearms easy, atleast pistols. But there are no threats of natural disaster's except for hurricains. I love to hate NJ

That is how it works here. I guess local police can require more if choosen too...

That is how it works here. I guess local police can require more if choosen too...
That's friggin nuts.:confused: I walk into a store and buy what I want. If I want a class II or III I apply and then go through that crap, but getting one of them just isn't worth it to me.:)

I can get anything legally allowed in the US without restrictions other than a class II or III. Those require a federal, state, and local check per regs.:D
Handguns are regulated very harsh here in NJ.. I can buy m4's AR's with just a backround check at the gunshop and shes on her way home with me.
Its funny I goto pick up my permits today and after all the non sense, The Detective doesnt even verify if was even me picking up the permits, Didnt ask for any ID. Just told me to sign em off. Even though no one could do anything with them, Just feel they shulda confirmed it.

you probaly already got her one. But i like the Lady Smith S&W .357. its a good looking gun. if it wasnt for women i'd get it for me. plus its a revolver. I'm looking to get a .357 and thats what i saw.

I ended up picking up a Ruger MKIII .22LR. still havnt had time to shoot it yet. But I plan on buying another gun in the next month or so.