Complete vintage air rubber line set + R4 ac compressor for Turbo buick

deenasty

Hello Folks! First and foremost, I appreciate your time, and thank you for reading. I recently installed a TA-49 with billet inlet bell (brand new from Limit Eng.) I also installed a brand new HD Actuator from Kirban, Lorenz manual boost controller, PTE SLIC, including a Razor Alky kit (m15 single nozzle). The car is tuned via TT 5.7. The car is running great, but I am having an issue when Im on the highway and accelerating about half throttle. As she begins to build boost everything is smooth, up to about 13lbs (car is setup for 22-23) At about 13 lbs, the boost gauge goes erratic, bouncing all over the place and the car shutters. I verified that their is plenty of fueling, no knock. I do notice via powerlogger file, that is attached, that im only at 1.9 TPS volts when this happens, and its also right around where the alky sprays.

When WOT, this does not happen. I am wondering if this is "compressor/boost surge?" Things to look for?

Attached is a WOT file and the boost surge file and a screenshot of the log.

Attachments

• 85 Air Intake.jpg
    85 Air Intake.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 104
  • 20191005_135207.jpg
    20191005_135207.jpg
    6.2 MB · Views: 102
  • R12 to R134a conversion.jpg
    R12 to R134a conversion.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 123
Try going maf less. Ported turbo. Some have had luck with a tornado. You have an air restriction when letting off pedal. Upgraded intercooler probably adding to your problems. Better heads.cam would help.This surge will shorten turbo life. Destroy maf.turbo seals or turbo. Gradually lifting gas pedal at area of surge might help.

Update. I went ahead and removed the Lorenz Manual Boost controller, and ran it “tuner style” from wastegate to turbo. Surge is gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Update. I went ahead and removed the Lorenz Manual Boost controller, and ran it “tuner style” from wastegate to turbo. Surge is gone.

Good deal. I'm experiencing the same problem. I might have to remove my Turbosmart boost controller just to see if it works. Also, did you put the Y fitting back on?

Good deal. I'm experiencing the same problem. I might have to remove my Turbosmart boost controller just to see if it works. Also, did you put the Y fitting back on?

No why fitting. Vacuum hose from wastegate to turbo fitting. I didn’t use the boost solenoid for any vacuum, just the electrical connector.