half throttle, car goes lean instantly...

Couple things you might try before dropping the tank. Check the vac line going to the fp regulator, they are notorious for coming off and sometimes hard to see if it has since it has an elbow on the line where it connects. That line can be laying right beside the nipple making it un-noticable. Don't ask me how I know this:eek: Also check to see if that line has a split in it. If those pan out then you're probably looking at having to drop the tank. But first try to stick a fp gauge on it to see what you've got first. Good luck, these things can make you pull your hair out sometimes.

Alright guys thanks alot, I'm gonna have to make some time to drop the tank, get a f/p guage, and check everything thoroughly...I have an analog turbo guage, I don't think it starts bouncing...i will double check, I am always monitoring knock numbers and a/f just to be careful, its kinda hard to have your eyes on the road, scnatool, and guages all at once, but I know we have all gotten pretty good at this :biggrin:

Alright guys thanks alot, I'm gonna have to make some time to drop the tank, get a f/p guage,

It might be your fuel pump. I had a fairly new 340 fail last year. I was able to diagnose it by watching the fuel pressure gauge drop like a rock at WOT.

Jim

Dude, I feel your Pain. I am having the same exact issue, part throttle low boost knock but no popping. I feel it is fuel related, and as soon as the sled goes away and snow melts I will pull out the car and dig into it further. do you know anyone with direct scan? this should help you narrow it down quickly and save you some wasted labor. try the fuel pressure first.. good luck

having same problems, steady working and checking mine, I'll let you know if I find something, please do the same for me. Thanks Jason

dont know, Cal custom burned it for the 50's and alky....lol it was tuned perfectly when I got it back from him a couple years ago ...anyway, the translator settings are at 5 and 5...10% lean at idle...10% rich at WOT

If you aren't running the extender chip I don't think the translator settings work correctly. Also are the switches in the translator set correctly?

David

The translator settings have always been like that and the car ran fine...I have been out of town and have not had time to drop the tank, I'm going to try changing the fuel filter first as that is simple and I havent changed it in a year. I bought fuel injector cleaner as well, so I'll let you guys know if that did anything.

If you aren't running the extender chip I don't think the translator settings work correctly. Also are the switches in the translator set correctly?
[\QUOTE]

I should have clarified it a little more and said the the Rich and Lean settings for WOT will not work properly without an extender chip once flow exceeds 255.

David

i would check the fuel pump sock....mine was dirty and:confused: collapsed:

good luck

I've been dealing with a very similar issue for months now. I've chased down every possible cause *except* the fuel pump. I had an interesting disussion with a friend of mine last night and now I think my problem may very well be a dirty or collapsed fuel sock.

I'll be dropping the tank sometime in the next two weeks (really busy lately) and I hope I'm right about the fuel sock.

Let me know what you find...i have spring break now and the car is staying in Gainesville in the garage while I go back to Miami. I'll work on it when I get back...

Changed my sock on mine i will take a pic of it, it was FILTHY to say the least when i held it against the sun you could barely see through it, it idles awesome now haven't checked lean condition yet, but i am not going to the same gas station anymore, the sock was previously changed approx. 6 mos ago and 1500 mi.

;) Translator will work with any chip.

True, the translator will work, but the fuel and timing adjustments on a T+ only work with an extender chip. I found that out the hard way after ordering a TurboTweak chip. It seems to be a great chip (kudos to Eric Marshall) but I was disappointed to learn the fuel adjustments on the T+ have no effect.

True, the translator will work, but the fuel and timing adjustments on a T+ only work with an extender chip. I found that out the hard way after ordering a TurboTweak chip. It seems to be a great chip (kudos to Eric Marshall) but I was disappointed to learn the fuel adjustments on the T+ have no effect.

....... but (as you know), there no need to "adjust the fuel" in/with the translator with a TT chip ............. this can easily be done with the TT chip. (Unless you have a really old chip) :cool:
Just did not want someone to read this thinking there is no user ajustability with the TT chip. :biggrin:

Back to the subject ............ instantly going lean.
If you get the fueling on top, probably only a few things can be possible ......... TPS, MAF,Chip (Code) (That is the order I would check it in)

....... but (as you know), there no need to "adjust the fuel" in/with the translator with a TT chip ............. this can easily be done with the TT chip. (Unless you have a really old chip) :cool:
Just did not want someone to read this thinking there is no user ajustability with the TT chip. :biggrin:

Back to the subject ............ instantly going lean.
If you get the fueling on top, probably only a few things can be possible ......... TPS, MAF,Chip (Code) (That is the order I would check it in)

Jerryl - you're absolutely right, I did forget to mention that. I just prefer the ability of make ajustments "on the fly" with the T+. The TurboTweak chip works great - didn't mean to sound as if I was knocking it. And sorry to hi-jack the thread. :redface:

are you asking him or me? I figured out what the problem is on my car. the intake side of the EGR is completely caked with grime. The only way to clean is to remove the intake completely.

still on break, i'll let you guys know when i get back to it....i'll check out the intake as well thanks

On Razors alky kit you needed a plug and play doodad ( technical name ) that you plug into the Maf to stop this issue. I had this exact problem until I got one from Razor.

I am not sure if the SMC has this issue with the Maf's but hopefully Bob can comment on that.