Hagerty Insurance

Sounds to me like there's a damn good reason their premiums are so cheap... they don't let you drive your own F^CKING car and enjoy it.:rolleyes:

Obviously the car is wayyy less likely to be damaged or stolen if it sits in a locked garage 360 outa 365 days/year. Screw that, I'll pay more to my local guy and enjoy my car.

I hope your local agent has you with a company that has Guaranteed Value like Hagerty does. If not, you're just paying for nothing. You can enjoy your car with Hagerty coverage. I do and so do my clients.

Well guess that changes things around, glad you are here Brad to clear up the confusion

I use American Collectors. They encourage you to drive your car. You can drive it to work. Not a DD but on occasion. Agreed value. They do require a locked garage. Other than that they didn't ask too many stupid questions. They're even covering a project car that is undergoing a full frame off...

http://www.americancollectors.com/Collector-Vehicles/Policy-Features/28/

On an 86 T-TYPE, American will insure $25,000.00 for like $707\year with 15,000 miles.........

I have my 70GS, 86 T-type, and my wife's WH1 insured thru Haggerty. Total on all three is 54,000.00 for 446.00 a year. Never had to file a claim... Hope I never have to. All they wanted was good pictures. Phil.

From Grundy policy:
Is maintained solely for use in exhibitions, parades, club activities, or other functions of public interest.

Is NOT used for regular driving to work, school, errands, shopping, general transportation, secondary or back-up transportation, business or commercial purposes, except for limited pleasure use.

Yes, I am a Hagerty agent in Ohio. There are NO RULES about you driving your collector car to work. Do they want you to do that every day? No, they don't and that is why they require you to have a "daily driver" car insured in your name or a company car provided to you by your employer. You can drive your car as much as you wish with Hagerty, so lets put that falsehood to rest. Drive your car.

I have had a couple of claims with my clients and the service, as noted above, is beyond your wildest dreams. They really are that good. They are not the cheapest out there but are the best!

If anyone has questions, I would be more than glad to answer either in this thread, via PM or by phone (937-642-2026 is work number).

No, they do not.

You are incorrect. You may drive your car when and where you wish.

I drive my collector cars when and where I want to without worry. The person you spoke with was misinformed.

Like I said, "They [Hagerty] provided some of the best customer service I've ever experienced."

Can you get a quote from Hagerty online or through email? Or does it have to be done over the phone?

Can you get a quote from Hagerty online or through email? Or does it have to be done over the phone?

You can go to my website ( www.millcreekinsurance.com ) and click on the Hagerty link. It will take you to an online quote form. If you go through my site, I can see your quote and help you if need be. It's really simple, but if you need help, let me know.

Grundy Worldwide; No driving to work, but no mileage limit. Garage kept, show you have primary vehicle, $197 a year. $25,000 agreed value....Don't care about roll bars ;)

I have had Hagrty since I got the GN back in 2008. They are great to deal with. They do require it be kept in a locked garage or storage building. But they never told me anything about not being able to drive my car when and where I wanted. No, they don't want me to DD it and it is absolutely NOT covered if I run it down a drag strip (no insurance provider covers that, though). I'll definitely continue to use them.

American modern. Best coverage More mile allowance. Trust me you will fight with Grundy. My buddy wen round and round with them and ended up getting screwed. I thought they were pretty good.I was wrong. There is an American Modern rep in the Chicagoland buick chapter. He really opened my eyes on insurance whn I talked to him. good luck

Do all classic insurers require the car to be in a garage? I was thinking about getting a second classic, but it would probably have to be in the driveway. If I can't do classic insurance, then I probably won't get another car.

I have had Hagrty since I got the GN back in 2008. They are great to deal with. They do require it be kept in a locked garage or storage building. But they never told me anything about not being able to drive my car when and where I wanted. No, they don't want me to DD it and it is absolutely NOT covered if I run it down a drag strip (no insurance provider covers that, though). I'll definitely continue to use them.

Actually you can get on track coverage.

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=245431

Had Hagerty for years on a Road Runner. Filed a claim and was very impressed with the customer service. Not one problem at all. The problem came when I was due for renewal. They said they received all my faxes and payments but it was "misplaced" and never posted. That is when the incompetance surfaced and they reverted to blame deflecting, lying and not owning up to the mistake on thier behalf even thought they admitted to it. They told me I had to reapply as a new customer as they said my policy lapsed because they screwed it up. As you know, applying for insurance with these companies is a pain in the arse with the internet application, the faxing, the phone calls, the emails, the picture taking, etc. I told them to pound sand and went to Heacock. Iv'e been loving it ever since as you can agree to have your insurance paid automatically via your credit card every year without any bills and deadlines needing to be met.

As far as driving requirements, all you have to say is that I brought my car to work to attend an event directly after work. Or that I drove my car to work to have it serviced after. I have personally never heard of that requirement. My GN will be insured by Heacock.