Had to laugh and walk away

IMO, I dont see anything the older man said that isnt/or may not be true. Lots of turbo regals ran 13's and 14's(when owners expected more). Also, that chevette could run on methanol and not need and intercooler or maybe had alcohol injection. I don't understand about the nitrous comment. 500 to 800 hp is a 300 hp shot of nitrous no matter how many cylinders you have:confused:Either way, I wouldnt underestimate that car:biggrin:

. I don't understand about the nitrous comment. 500 to 800 hp is a 300 hp shot of nitrous no matter how many cylinders you have:confused:Either way, I wouldnt underestimate that car:biggrin:

If you put a 300hp shot of nitrous on an engine you will not get a 300hp net gain increase.

Take a motor that makes 500hp, change fuel/nitrous jets as needed to make 800 hp. You've added 300 hp worth of nitrous. What am I missing?:confused:Looks like I could see a cage in that chevette as well:redface:

Even if it does run 8's, its still a Chevette with a crappy paint job and a tool for an owner.

why would the guy be a "tool" if his car can back up what he says?
is it because it isn't a highly polished show car? is it because the wheels on the back have more lug nuts than the wheels on the front? is it because it's a Chevette and not a Regal?
or is it because the car is faster than yours and he has less into it and has more fun with it?

if he went so far as to "fake" a dyno sheet, why wouldn't he just produce a 8 sec slip from who knows where? 600 rwhp in a 2200lb car could have 8 second potential. just IMO:D

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87gninpa
Even if it does run 8's, its still a Chevette with a crappy paint job and a tool for an owner.

why would the guy be a "tool" if his car can back up what he says?
is it because it isn't a highly polished show car? is it because the wheels on the back have more lug nuts than the wheels on the front? is it because it's a Chevette and not a Regal?
or is it because the car is faster than yours and he has less into it and has more fun with it?

I agree, why is the owner a tool??

if he went so far as to "fake" a dyno sheet,D

There was no dyno slip. Just a piece of paper printed off a pc with the mods/hp ratings.

As for crappy looking sleepers.... Check this one out.
bbc/ twin turbo. Twin Holset HT60's are mounted slightly ahead of the rear axle (midship). Intercooler and tank are in the trunk. Trunk is propped up slightly to let air into the trunk. Air intake come through the trunk. Car is equipped with two 3.5 inch mufflers and you can not hear that it is a turbo car from the outside. Inside, you hear the whistle, blow off valves etc. but nobody watching the car will know it is is turboed. Car is extremely quiet from the outside.
This BBC twin turbo powered car goes 8.9's with 20# of boost. Again, I'm not saying it's impossible to go 8's with a single turbo 4cyl. But that chevette is very mild sounding and running on 112 octane.
41608004.jpg

41608017-1.jpg

YouTube - Rob's 63 Lemans on the OST Dyno

I would say it is possible for that car to go high 8's. I'll bet the weight is very low being a 4cyl and that small of a car. I have a buddy with a svo mustang that was running low 10's. I can't remember but he may have dipped into the 9's once or twice. I think it weighed about 3200 with him in it so say the chevette weighs a thousand pounds less than the mustang with the same amount of power. There is your 8.90 pass.

and for the record, I like the car. The only thing I would do is get rid of the steam rollers and get some hub caps for the wheels

Cool Pontiac sleeper...though I have to wonder why he installed a powermaster brake booster on? :confused:

that Tempest looked a lot better a few years ago. Must have a different owner these days.

Cool Pontiac sleeper...though I have to wonder why he installed a powermaster brake booster on? :confused:

doesn't look like a Powermaster to me.. looks like a regular aluminum master cylinder with a big reservoir on it. probably a manual master from a truck of some sort- maybe a manual S10 master cylinder.

I love car shows. There's always that guy. LOL!

At a local cruise in earlier this year, had an older guy in a new Camaro approach me and start talking about the GN. He then begins to tell me how his Camaro runs REALLY close to the GT500. He only gets beat by "like .8 seconds in the quarter". I thought "Yea... Close to a full second... Sounds about right." He then asked if I wanted to get a piece of his car with the GN. I said "Well, let's start with running your Camaro against my Jeep. If you win that one, then you can get some of the GN." He asked about the Jeep. I told him it was just a Grand Cherokee with a 420 horse 6.1L HEMI & AWD. He said ":eek: 420 horsepower in a Cherokee?! No way will I race you in that!!" Before I could say a word, a buddy of mine laughed loudly and said "Then sir, you don't even want to think about getting some of this little V6 right here".

II kinda of chuckle then he starts telling me how it too has a turbocharger and ran an 8.9 in the 1/4.

He just mis-read his time slip. He probably went 8.9 in the eighth.

Should have just asked him to race.

and either put out.. or get out.

A.j.

I would have broke his balls so bad he would have no choice but to race me. Either that or we would have been fighting. Any ball washer that wont back up his **** talking needs to get put in their place. 8.9 in a chevette :rolleyes::rolleyes:

If you put a 300hp shot of nitrous on an engine you will not get a 300hp net gain increase.

Your right. If i was working on it you would get about 350 more to the wheels. Still not enough to put the turd anywhere near the 8's.