Had the baby out for a little air today

Very nice collection! One question, how close does the garage door come to the top of the cars?

Nice! How do you resist driving it?? Don't you even cruise it around a few blocks? Then again most accidents happen within a mile of your home...:(

That is amazing you say that. Now that I think about it. 3 out of the 4 accidnets ive been in have been that close to my house. none were my fault. one I want even in my car at the time. the garbage man hit it, only car parked on that side of the street!!1 2 months after a complete paint job!!

Anyways...

How come the gn's or gnx's or even the turbos arent being offered ina package by buick anymore. I heard the chevy and vette guys were complaining to much.

just curious

nice car by the way.

Hey Twin-

Nice collection. That GNX is beautiful!

Are you purchasing the lifts locally or just having them installed by local guys. I have been thinking about the lift situation myself.

If you don't mind me asking, what is the cost per lift?

Don't mean to pry, but I am in the market. PM me if you would like.

Thanks!:D

The first one I brought down from New York when I moved. Did the install with LotusS4. Was actually not too difficult(he was the brains, I was the brawn).
The second one was ordered and installed by a company here in N.C.
3200.00 for the first one and 4150.00 for the second(installed).
I did alot of reasearch on lifts and Rotory/Revolution are at the top of the food chain.
Hope this helps...

Ringo,
I had the garage doors raised to the ceiling. Those lifts in the picture are not even raised to the top. Plenty of room to get an SUV on top and bottom.

One more question on this topic....how much was it to have the garage doors modified to allow the clearance? I'm shopping a lift and haven't yet looked into what this piece will cost.

Have a website for the rotary/revolution lifts?

Thanks,

Thanks for the info!

I am assuming you went with the four post, <12,000 lbs. Light Duty Lifts?

Just wondering. I like the way they look and seem to be easy to place the cars on.....no swinging arms, etc!

Did you do 12-15 ft ceilings? They look to be pretty deep.

:D

You can buy cheaper lifts. As a matter of fact, I might buy some for my warehouse, but when my kids are around I wanted the best.

The whole lift debate is like anything else, there will always be people that prefer the cheaper ones. They are "DEFINITELY" not built like these.

I have heard good things about buying from Greg Smith and will look into the cheaper ones for more space at the warehouse.

For all that have PM and e-mailed.

My garage height is 11 1/2 feet high.

I actually thought it was higher. I still have plenty of room above the cars. The lifts are not raised all the way to the top , but can be.

Should have pic's with the TT/A in the next week or two.

Testimony for the Pro Park 9000 Plus...

Guys,

For what it’s worth I researched lifts for two years—every single brand including Rotary. I was all set to go with Backyard Buddy sleeve design until the Direct Lift Pro Park 9 Plus 9000 Pound Lift came out. I checked this lift out and it is built better than anything out there today (just my opinion, of course!) and very, very well-priced.

Heavy stock, adjustable lock plates so you can fine-tune for perfect leveling (as opposed to fixed notches on the sleeve design of BB), beautiful welds and everything overbuilt—every single piece thick, properly welded, perfectly finished. And the hydraulic cylinder shaft was thicker than every other I had compared (yes, I made a spreadsheet). Other engineering items I can get into as well, such as cables running inside the columns into the top plates, so top plates are subject to only vertical downward compressive force on the full strength of the column, instead of cables that run outside parallel to the columns, and therefore create upward "pivot" force on the top plate bolts only, etc. etc. Anyhow, just the lift itself checked in at over 2,400 pounds as I recall.

I also liked that the 9000 has full-width steel trim panels that go OVER THE LOCK ROD ASSEMBLIES on either end to cap them off with smooth finish—no exposed rods or moving parts to get dirty or snag. Totally smooth, finished appearance inside, outside, underneath. They did not have to add all that onto an already great lift— it was just “gravy” and an indication of quality and attention to detail. They use the SPX Stone motor which is the best in the business, and they didn’t even “crow” about it.

I bought mine through Greg Smith in nearby Delaware—they had just opened a new operation there (lucky me). I had them deliver it to a lift service company, and the installer hauled it out on their own time and put it together in a few hours in my garage. Kept the drinks coming, talked cars, helped in some of the heavy parts because the head installer had thrown his back out the night before (I swear!). Since I have a cathedral ceiling I was able to boost the height so it remains on the top notch and I never have any clearance problems. Cost me about a grand over purchase price for acceptance, delivery, and setup. Delaware is tax-free as well.

If you can’t already tell, I’m still ecstatic about what I considered to be a high-risk decision. Way more than pleased. The only thing I did after they left was fine adjust, double check the bolt tightnesses, and (laugh now) drag a hose into the garage with some simple green and a bucket, turned on the TV (to Speed, of course), and washed it down to clean off the dirt and grease before rolling my baby on to it.

This lift, including the accessories, was LESS THAN HALF the cost of the usuriously-priced Backyard Buddy, plus it came with drip trays (I bought 3 extra so the entire length of the lower car is protected), and the most robust polyurethane casters I’ve ever seen so it can be moved around if necessary. Again, these were all included! Considering the quality, the easiest decision I ever made on something this important.

No affiliation with Direct Lift or Greg Smith—just a “measure four times, cut once” type of guy who’d tell you to at least seriously consider the Direct Lift Pro Park 9 Plus based on awesome personal experience. Plus, coming in black, it matches the X's! :biggrin:

Hope this perspective helps somebody...

Good Luck!

me too

Just trying to send pics:confused:

Attachments

• P1010070.jpg
    P1010070.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 142
think I got it

By the way go to bend pak ,com and check out their lifts.

Attachments

• P1010089.jpg
    P1010089.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 139
scott g

hey scott g just wondering if the gs in the pics was redone at grandsport auto in kahnawake, they're in my hometown and friends of mine. I think I recognize the car and remember it or 1 like it as it was undergoing a resto. just curious...jamie

Wow!!!!!!

Twin you are my hero. I want to be you when I grow up!!! I think you will have to make me a deal on the 2 blue cars. I don't think they should be split up!! See ya.