HA Turbo Adaptor

RUDE DOG

Rudeawakening
I was at work and fabbed up a turbo adaptor for installing an 86-87 turbo. It still needs to be cut to size once I measure the distance from turbo to intake and have the adaptor welded.
86-87 turbo adaptor 4 HA 007.JPG 86-87 turbo adaptor 4 HA 006.JPG 86-87 turbo adaptor 4 HA 004.JPG

Cool.
One observation. The adapter will not be a straight fit due to the larger diameter of the compressor housing.
IOW, The connection needs to be angle cut to make it fit.

Personally, I would connect it with some silicone hose and t-bolt clamps which will allow you to use any other stock housing turbo.

Looks great.

Cool.
One observation. The adapter will not be a straight fit due to the larger diameter of the compressor housing.
IOW, The connection needs to be angle cut to make it fit.

Personally, I would connect it with some silicone hose and t-bolt clamps which will allow you to use any other stock housing turbo.

Looks great.

Yes the searches ive done in the past you did mention this info, but I dont think ill be using a hose. I would be to afraid of having it blow out.
I'll have to get it welded because from past posts theres been a few hoses pop out so to speak. Plus its a big turbo for another engine.

Yes the searches ive done in the past you did mention this info, but I dont think ill be using a hose. I would be to afraid of having it blow out.
I'll have to get it welded because from past posts theres been a few hoses pop out so to speak. Plus its a big turbo for another engine.
Very cool man. Too legit to quit. :D

You still need the turbo to have a carbon seal though?
Any time the compressor is exposed to vacuum you need a positive seal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any time the compressor is exposed to vacuum you need a positive seal

Right, and an 86/87 turbo doesn't have this right? So since rude dog made this adapter to use the 86/87 turbo he still needs the turbos to have a carbon seal added?

That's no problem fort me, ill just send the turbo out when I'm ready to use it.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Right, and an 86/87 turbo doesn't have this right? So since rude dog made this adapter to use the 86/87 turbo he still needs the turbos to have a carbon seal added?
All garrett turbos used on buick engines from 78 to 89 were all carbon seal

All garrett turbos used on buick engines from 78 to 89 were all carbon seal

Oh I didn't know that, so you can use the newer turbos as long as you have the adapter!

Cool

Oh I didn't know that, so you can use the newer turbos as long as you have the adapter!

Cool
You have to saw off part of the outlet and weld the new outlet on.

You got skills Rudy, nice work! You making extras?

Yes as soon as I have some more time. Im also working with some people on making a oil drain grommet for the HA cars, kinda like the ones from the 83 turbo cars that look like a rubber tube, but some rubber injection companys are too expensive.