Mechanical Water sensor size and thread

DARTHV6

Still helping my friend with his 1937 Chevy Deluxe with a GN drivetrain. He bought a Speedway mechanical temperature and oil gage. I don’t know anything about mechanical gages but I’ll put it in for him. The port adapter that came with the gage is too big. What’s the size and thread of the coolant sensor in this 86 GN motor? I’ll order a new port adaptor nut and a new sensor nut that should work. I haven’t got to the oil gage yet.
Thanks,
Art

I have a mechanical temp gauge and made a funky “T” to screw into the drivers side “S” hose port and use a 90* hose instead.
I’ll post a photo tonight.

Like to see it

I’m sorry my daughter had some car troubles to take care of.
Better late than never I guess.
It looks like it needs some attention too.

B93D0228-B352-46FF-9D1C-F7183B1BF5C1.jpeg

BC2564BE-3EE1-4FA3-8D5C-6C9A4AD17C3A.jpeg

The vacuum hose just above it is hiding and protecting the copper tube that goes to the turbo oil feed/ oil pressure block (added a “T”) for the mechanical oil pressure gauge.

I’m sorry my daughter had some car troubles to take care of.
Better late than never I guess.
It looks like it needs some attention too.

View attachment 389906

View attachment 389907

The vacuum hose just above it is hiding and protecting the copper tube that goes to the turbo oil feed/ oil pressure block (added a “T”) for the mechanical oil pressure gauge
Is this the passenger side sensor for the idiot light? I was thinking I was to replace the sensor on the drivers side With the mechanical sensor?

Is this the passenger side sensor for the idiot light? I was thinking I was to replace the sensor on the drivers side With the mechanical sensor?

I believe the idiot light comes from a sender in the turbo feed brass block on the lower front passenger side by the oil pump/ oil filter.

I used a pipe “T”, 3/8” I think. I cut off one end of the straight part and welded part of a 1/2” coupling to work with the sensor fitting.
I cut part of the “S” hose off to make it work.
Here’s a couple of generic photos for reference.

3D55393C-CC13-41F9-B084-74AF8D7EAECE.jpeg

94F960C2-A47B-4EF6-8118-D20F50895F79.jpeg

AF7F8ACE-CDB6-4001-8F98-25B1037E3B86.jpeg

Something like this would work. Screw a 3/8” close nipple into port “C” and screw into manifold. Once installed, screw a hose barb fitting into port “B” and install the mechanical gauge fitting into port “A” at the 1:00 position.
It’s a pain to take enough stuff off to do this, but it works well.
I did smooth the modified fitting for a better look.

I believe the idiot light comes from a sender in the turbo feed brass block on the lower front passenger side by the oil pump/ oil filter.

I used a pipe “T”, 3/8” I think. I cut off one end of the straight part and welded part of a 1/2” coupling to work with the sensor fitting.
I cut part of the “S” hose off to make it work.
Here’s a couple of generic photos for reference.

View attachment 389931

View attachment 389932

View attachment 389933

Something like this would work. Screw a 3/8” close nipple into port “C” and screw into manifold. Once installed, screw a hose barb fitting into port “B” and install the mechanical gauge fitting into port “A” at the 1:00 position.
It’s a pain to take enough stuff off to do this, but it works well.
I did smooth the modified fitting for a better look.
That’s a good looking motor!
Ok, So is this where the mechanical water temperature gage goes? On the drivers side?

49D72821-74DB-485C-961E-D28385BA3BC0.jpeg

Got it. Thanks!

As a side note, I unscrewed the turbo oil feed brass block, installed 1/8” “T” to add the mechanical oil pressure gauge fitting so my idiot light still works.
The engine photos were some I found online to help with my description.
I’m one of the lucky original owner guys and have been improving things since I got it.

86019FB3-87F6-4DB7-995F-33997CF62BE9.jpeg