Guys who know "Brake line pressure"

wbrophy

1) Vacuum brakes= approx. 850 psi
2) Hydraboost= approx. 2000 psi
3) Powermaster= ?????

This is what I have gathered from reading some posts, is this correct? and what is the brake line pressure for the Powermaster set-up?

1) Vacuum brakes= approx. 850 psi
2) Hydraboost= approx. 2000 psi
3) Powermaster= ?????

This is what I have gathered from reading some posts, is this correct? and what is the brake line pressure for the Powermaster set-up?

The 2000 on the hydroboost is at idle. It will go up as the rpm's go up. Not sure on the powermaster.

Good question, interested in the answer as well. Also what's the most pressure you'll ever get with a manual brake system and really strong legs? :p

86/87

:cool: Thats all these cars came with, someone has got to know?:biggrin:

Now that I have been doing a little reading up on the powermaster system the more I like it. Does not draw off the power steering/engine, if you think about it; it's like the new electric steering in some of the new cars which does not pull off the engine via a power steering pump.

Stupid question? Why line pressure? Do you really think a PM thats is performing at it's peak is going to work any better than the worst on the list? If you're looking for ungodly numbers that could be acheived by playing around with the master cylinders and line size. Heck even a different ratio on the pedal would double the number on the vacuum booster if you wanted to fab some parts. I dont have a clue what the pressure is for the PM. I can lock the brakes with my vacuum booster and thats all I'm concerned with.

Just from memory, the high pressure side of the P/M stores pressure at about 700psi. It is actually slightly higher for the switch cut off pressure (like 740). I don't have my reference in front of me at the moment. It is released for braking ability the moment you touch the pedal.

Someone please tell me how the vacuum system generates that much strictly by pressing your foot down?
I suppose it's possible if you press hard enough to build enough pressure. I don't know the math behind the dynamics. I would need a pressure gauge.