Guys in CT, did you dig out yet?

TR Custom Parts

Mark Hueffman - Owner
Hell of a storm, worst I have ever seen. Of course I get called into work for a fire alarm issue at 8:00PM on Friday nite. Total whiteout conditions on RT 15, heading towards Woodbridge from North Haven and got off the Whitney Ave exit. Seemed like the guardrails were closing in on me! Even missed the exit I drive by every day. Actually stopped and backed up about 200 feet on the parkway to take the exit. I was the only one on the road going in that direction. Made it into work and ended up staying until 4:30PM Saturday. Mostly playing taxi to get nurses in to the building since I am the only one with a 4x4 truck.

Determined to get home I headed back on Rt 15, not bad driving conditions BUT noticed exit ramps not plowed!!! Get to the last exit in North Haven and that one was not plowed either. Anyone familiar with the area knows I now have to keep going north to Wallingford that has 3 exits, surely they have one of those open right?? NOOOOO! I actually ended up on the Berlin Turnpike before I could turn around and head south on I-91. Get back to North Haven and my wife already warned me that my street was unpassable. Cruised around hoping someone had a lot plowed out that I could park at close by but no luck. So ended up getting a room at the local Holiday Inn. $150 for a room that smelled like stale cigarettes but was lucky to get a place. Could have gone back to work to sleep there but at that point I was up for 40 straight hours so that was out.

Spent Sunday doing the same thing at work, saw some real losers trying to drive in the snow. They should have just stayed home. Amazing driving skills. In the afternoon was determined to get home one way or another, street still unplowed so parked at the local Stop & Shop and walked the 2 miles home. No problem until I got to my street trying to walk thru snow that came up to my ass! No place like home, you take it for granted until you can't get there. Driveway cleared out by 5 PM Sunday and plow finally went by but ended up getting stuck and had to be pulled out with a Payloader. Crazy!

Monday spent playing taxi again BUT finally told the powers that be that I was done with that as some of the places I was going was getting hazardous to my truck's health. Roads in New Haven were like a war zone in some foreign country and they started running the buses again which didn't quite work out. No way was I smashing up my truck for the company.

So what is your story?

554054_4955036707533_878286295_n.jpg

6435_4955037667557_1728866673_n.jpg

521616_4955280553629_1937135511_n.jpg

I hope soon! I've got a $2100 transmission sitting in Southington that was supposed to be shipped Saturday and I get no response from e-mails. Hope it's just a power outage and nothing serious...

My driveway. Had to get a back hoe to clear it. Plow got stuck 3 times. We shoveled our asses off too.

Attachments

• image-1612925447.jpg
    image-1612925447.jpg
    399.2 KB · Views: 61
  • image-3175529232.jpg
    image-3175529232.jpg
    429.4 KB · Views: 58
  • image-72590894.jpg
    image-72590894.jpg
    465.6 KB · Views: 65
  • image-1678454453.jpg
    image-1678454453.jpg
    544.6 KB · Views: 59
  • image-3840434017.jpg
    image-3840434017.jpg
    648.7 KB · Views: 57
S10xGN said:
I hope soon! I've got a $2100 transmission sitting in Southington that was supposed to be shipped Saturday and I get no response from e-mails. Hope it's just a power outage and nothing serious...

I'm originally from Southington. Let me know if you need me to stop by.

Where abouts in Southington ? Wonder who that is ? Power was not out where I am.
Town trucks didn't plow until 5:30 Saturday night. Truck was constantly getting stuck. I measured at least 30" of snow at my house. I was a little lucky because I have a big garden tracter with a front mount snow blower attachment and went out a few times during the storm so clean-up wasn't that bad.
Allan G.

Got a hold of him today. As expected he was stacked up with shoveling and clearing, should be shipping it tomorrow. The guy is Dave Toce, he's over on the UMTR forum.