Guess my 1/4 mile time

hansongn

alright guys eventually im gonna build a real nice motor but for now im finally getting the existing combo back together. stock rear with girdle, comp 12 way adjustable shocks, h and r sway bar, factory rear springs, adj. uppers and lowers set to neg 3 on the pinion angle and welded in a brace goin across the frame rails with some gussets on the lowers. trans is good to 10.0s, billet etc., 3000 stall n/l with a trans brake. stock motor, only thing done to motor is comp980s, timing chain and new oil pump. 60# motrons,walboro340 hotwired, pt61 turbo, 70 mm kenne bell with front mount, u guys get the idea, single alky running 25#. any ideas what this will run consistently im getting so many different responses its crazy. im not even lookin for the best et pass, im more lookin for any info on actual consistent et. hey everybody thanks for reading my post and any feedback is super helpful i really appreciate yall info, thanks jay

man that stinks i was hopin for 11.50s what can i do to get this slip with the existing combo?

IMHO you don't have enough converter (probably) for the 61 turbo. Stock heads are hurting performance alot.

I would say the best one could hope for with your combo would be low 11's.... maybe real high 10's. With so many unknowns and a less than idel combo......you would probably fall into the low 12's with a decent 60 foot.

Like I said... the potential is there.... but 1st time out..... low to mid 12 would be a successful day.... IMHO.....

What tire? Looks like you have the rear set pretty good and with 3000 nl you should be able to get out of the gate strong. Who's converter??

mickey thompson 28 * 10.5 full slick and the convertor is made by pats convertors, its a real solid convertor spot on to 3000 good for a 10.0 pass

12s on a good day as posted before. Could luck up and get a high 11 second pass. 25 psi on a stock long block is not pushing it hard enough for low 11s or 10s.

Slicks, a transbrake, 25 psi. on a 61 should get you mid 11's on a good clean well hooked high boost launched pass. :cool:

If it isn't tuned in advance and you drive like me probably high 11's. :p

Slicks, a transbrake, 25 psi. on a 61 should get you mid 11's on a good clean well hooked high boost launched pass. :cool:

If it isn't tuned in advance and you drive like me probably high 11's. :p

X2

If your car is healthy, Your ability to tune and launch the car is what's going to mostly determine how well you do. What scan tool(s) are you using? If this your first time out with the car, don't plan on setting the world on fire. Just try and understand what the car is telling you that it wants. Don't wory about cutting a .000 light. Instead, sit at the line for as long as you need to get the boost right where you want it when you come off the brake. There's a good chance that it'll go twelves the first time out. If so, it's no big deal. It's a eleven second car waiting to happen.;) That's the fun of it. Learning what the car wants and seeing it go faster with the changes. Let us know how you do.

Happy spooling.

Mike Barnard