Guess im real lucky, someone tried to steal my car and trailers!

Maybe i will get a heater and a cot and wait for them.

BW

Im game............ 30 pack.......... guns........... oh wait, not a good combo :eek:

Thanks for calling me today. Im sorry to hear this but man, this stuff is getting old. Seems like there is a wave of theft crap every few years around here. Time to move things around on them.

Get a dog that will stay quiet or remove it's vocal cords Brian. Pitts or chows are a great defenders of property and they don't need that much attention. Leave it in the trailer and watch the blood flow. LOL

Holy chit! Fuken car theives! Mother*******. It's my worst pet pieve and I make my mission every day at work to catch these disrespectful little chitheads.

Time for better locks I guess. Glad to hear not too much damage.

Wow, very sorry to hear about that Bryan but glad these low life scumbags didn't succeed in stealing your car or trailer.:mad: This brings back bad memories of when my dad had his GN stolen. I HATE car thieves!!!! Hopefully one day these guys will rob the wrong person and get what they got coming to them.

Many years ago had two Buicks towed out of the drive way in the middle of the night? That was bad times.

Had the alarm guy out a few months ago and there is a pad that you can put out there that is wireless.You put it under a tire and if your car or trailer move off that pad it will set off your house alarm. I really like that idea and think I might order that tonight.

P.S. Alarm goes off, then its just lock and load from that point.

:eek: Damn, Bryan.... I'm glad they didn't get anything. Hopefully they stay away. If not, I agree with what's already been mentioned... A dose of high-velocity lead poisoning.

People f'n suck. Stories like this make me miss my German Shepherd even more. I've got the means to a thieves end but, there's nothing like a good set of dog ears to alert ya. Glad it wasn't as bad as it could have been.

Damn you got lucky it sucks to go outside and not find car and trailer i know the feeling when my GN was taken 2 years ago thank god they found it the same day with minima damage (column busted up and pass door damaged) i hate people who take things that they can not earn on there own

Peeling columns are so amateur. Prolly some punk kids.

Last thing you need is to catch these pricks. You know you will shoot them. Then you will be the one going to jail. :eek:

Maybe they should.
They might actually *catch* a few of these clowns.

even if they caught them they would be back out in an hour .. Most town cops don't care about car thefts.. IF they did they could just go to the known "dumping" ground of stolen cars and arrest these dirtbags.. BUT then it's back to "if they caught them they would be back out in an hour".. after that happeneds I guess the cops get tired of the revolving door that just lets the thieves back out.. SOOOOO.. best thing to do is shoot em !!! don't just wound them.. they will sue you in court and most likely win because they had a bad childhood and never got a break :rolleyes::mad:

What is a good GPS tracking setup? Anyone out there using one that works??? Heard the GPS Snitch was good but seems to be discontinued.

Think I would be worried that they will be back. :mad: POS car thieves.

So what are you supposed to do if they get caught then. Obviously you gotta have that stuff insured and as secure as possible but like in the case of a theft recovery. Can't you sue the thief for damages if their caught? I thought detectives were supposed to run prints through a nationwide database meant to keep the d-bags from repeat offenses without prison time the second time around. I know some states have the 3 strike rule.

Glad they didn't get anything though. +1 on the round security locks. That is what I use where I have a storage unit. Also the electric fence is a good idea. There really is no such thing as too secure with how desperate people are getting now. It sucks when you gotta spend more money just to keep the things you just spent money on.

So what are you supposed to do if they get caught then. Obviously you gotta have that stuff insured and as secure as possible but like in the case of a theft recovery. Can't you sue the thief for damages if their caught? I thought detectives were supposed to run prints through a nationwide database meant to keep the d-bags from repeat offenses without prison time the second time around. I know some states have the 3 strike rule.

When they get caught and sentenced, that they will have to pay retribution for damages. With that being said, good luck getting your money from someone who doesn't have a job and is now going to jail. That is the problem, You can't milk a dead cow. There is also no wages to garnish by the government to get your money because.....they don't have a job! If they do have a job, they can garnish wages much like child support.

What is a good GPS tracking setup? Anyone out there using one that works??? Heard the GPS Snitch was good but seems to be discontinued.

Think I would be worried that they will be back. :mad: POS car thieves.
I'm using SkyGuard. It works like a charm.

Skyguard has a monthly fee or an annual fee. I don't remember pricing off hand. I did an annual along with the device itself as well as a bunch of other stuff. But I am thinking around $12 a month???

So far, what I have done with the Skyguard:...
I can enable or disable the starter.

I can set my "home zone". If the car travels outside of the area I set, I will get an e-mail. I can also opt to have a text sent to my cell phone.

I have a MPH setting. It's at 90 MPH now I think. If the car exceeds that speed, I am alerted. This is good for anyone who might take their car anywhere and leave it. You can set the speed to whatever you want.

I can pull up the actual location of the car at any time.

I can review past routes the car has taken with details such as speed on roads, turns taken, duration of route.

I have the ignition alert set to e-mail me any time the car is started and turned off. The email lets me know the location of each.

If the power supply to the unit gets low, I get an alert.

Overall, I love this thing. Much more effective than LoJack IMO.

Here is a screen cap of the Activetrack historical route overview.
SkyGuardRouteOverviewExample.jpg
[/QUOTE]

The hitch locks mean nothing. All they (thieves) is wrap a chain around the A-frame and hang it off the ball. Then they drive to a parking lot or secluded area and do their thing to the lock.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Well, i looked last night for a good hitch lock, found a pile of crap masterlock that goes into the ball area and slips tight. Looked like it was made of tin foil.

Does anyone use a good solid lock to put in the 2 5/16 hole?

i agree they could just use a chain to steal it.

Sky guard looks cool. off to check it out.

I look at this way, if i found someone stealing my stuff, i will make sure to shoot their body in the front.

Now i am afraid they may have my insurance paperwork with this address, papers were in the glove box, but i am not sure how many copies were there.

Is it against the law to answer the front door with a loaded gun in the other hand?

BW

Now i am afraid they may have my insurance paperwork with this address, papers were in the glove box, but i am not sure how many copies were there.

BW

If they left full beers behinf I dont think they are smart enough to take any paperwork for future "jacks":eek:

I would say dumb kids or uneducated thieves just looking in a trailer, and got spooked or just said, man I wanted a Monte SS not this POS buick:cool:

J/K buddie, trying to make light of a bad situation.