Guaging interest. TT/A 1400 miles

twinvipers

Might be selling my pride and joy to buy another GNX.

1400 mile, leather t-top car. This car is museum quality. Even the undercarraige is perfect. Not a mark to be found. It is actually much cleaner then any of my other cars. I don't care if you found one with 100 miles, it can't be any cleaner than this car.

What should this car be worth ? Thanks for the help...

twinvipers said:
Might be selling my pride and joy to buy another GNX.

1400 mile, leather t-top car. This car is museum quality. Even the undercarraige is perfect. Not a mark to be found. It is actually much cleaner then any of my other cars. I don't care if you found one with 100 miles, it can't be any cleaner than this car.

In April 2002 I bought one with 1,110 miles. It was as perfect as the one you have listed. Not a single flaw could be found with that car. $20k was the price I paid. It had been listed for $24k for months before but did not sell.

In December 2004 I sold the car. It had 3,894 miles on it at that time. I listed it for $22k and for 4 months I did not get a single inquiry. I ended up selling it for $20k to the first and only person who looked at it.

I think you would be able to sell the car for $20k-$21k. You might find someone who is willing to pay a little more but it may be a long wait. Finding people with $20k to spend on a toy car is difficult at best.

Good luck with the sale.

1987 GN said:
In April 2002 I bought one with 1,110 miles. It was as perfect as the one you have listed. Not a single flaw could be found with that car. $20k was the price I paid. It had been listed for $24k for months before but did not sell.

In December 2004 I sold the car. It had 3,894 miles on it at that time. I listed it for $22k and for 4 months I did not get a single inquiry. I ended up selling it for $20k to the first and only person who looked at it.

I think you would be able to sell the car for $20k-$21k. You might find someone who is willing to pay a little more but it may be a long wait. Finding people with $20k to spend on a toy car is difficult at best.

Good luck with the sale.

I think it's worth more than 21K. I don't need the money and wouldn't part with it for less than 25K.
I just watched one with 4K miles sell for 23K.

twinvipers said:

What ever the market bears and someone is willing to pay. Guess you need 25K.

To me, I prefer driving and beating on the car. As investments, theyre terrible ones. At some point I will beat it into the ground, then buy a 1,000 mile one for 25K and proceed to beat on that one. As I cant take cars to the grave, and really hate maintaining(waxing,cleaning,insurance,oil,etc) them.

No enjoyment looking at it sitting. I know its a personal preference..

Mine has 17K miles fwiw..

Razor said:
What ever the market bears and someone is willing to pay. Guess you need 25K.

To me, I prefer driving and beating on the car. As investments, theyre terrible ones. At some point I will beat it into the ground, then buy a 1,000 mile one for 25K and proceed to beat on that one. As I cant take cars to the grave, and really hate maintaining(waxing,cleaning,insurance,oil,etc) them.

No enjoyment looking at it sitting. I know its a personal preference..

Mine has 17K miles fwiw..

I beat on the Vipers :biggrin:

1987 GN said:
Sorry about the multiple posts....seemed like my session timed out so I hit the submit button again...and again. Guess it worked! :biggrin:

I THOUGHT IT WAS GROUNDHOG DAY !!! :biggrin:

twinvipers said:
I think it's worth more than 21K. I don't need the money and wouldn't part with it for less than 25K.
I just watched one with 4K miles sell for 23K.

I think with enough patience you might get it. But I think it will not happen until late spring/early summer. I do not know about the GNX's but the T/A are seasonal. They sell for more in the summer than the winter.

Are getting completly out of the TTA's or just regouping for an elusive hardtop? :biggrin:

- Dave

I don't think there is a down season for GNXs right now :p maybe trans am's will get there SOON :eek:

IMHO, I wouldn't take less than 30K for it. Whether it's worth that much on the market now is a different question (probably not), but I don't think it's worth letting go for $25k unless you paid well less than that.

Off topic - isn't your location where that TWA flight went down? I'm across the island from you in CT and I remember the weird looking sky that night even from our side.

mark b said:
IMHO, I wouldn't take less than 30K for it. Whether it's worth that much on the market now is a different question (probably not), but I don't think it's worth letting go for $25k unless you paid well less than that.

Off topic - isn't your location where that TWA flight went down? I'm across the island from you in CT and I remember the weird looking sky that night even from our side.

I live here now, wasn't here when the flight went down.

Actually moving to N.C. soon.

davege said:
I think with enough patience you might get it. But I think it will not happen until late spring/early summer. I do not know about the GNX's but the T/A are seasonal. They sell for more in the summer than the winter.

Are getting completly out of the TTA's or just regouping for an elusive hardtop? :biggrin:

- Dave

Dave,

It's just a thought. Don't really know if I can part with it :confused:

I moved to North Carolina about 6 months ago (living in Raleigh right now). If you have any questions or need a place to store one of your cars (ha, ha!), let me know.