guages

BLKCreeper

Going to install oil pressure guage and boost guage tomorrow.. I am much more of a visual person. Can someone show me where they tapped into for the oilpressure guage.. I Keep reading down low on passenger side but a picture would be fansastic. Also, a picture of the set up on boost guage. Another question. Just installed new turbo.. Tryin to remember which side of the wastegate solenoid gets the piece of the Y tubing. Is it the left or the right side when facing engine bay gets fed the Y tube. THanks for Input ahead of time.. Caleb

I would like to see a picture as well!!!!! I just purchased the VDO unit and somewhat confused on what would be the best way to install.

Thanks

Follow the oil feed line from the turbo to the block. You'll see a sending unit screwed into what I think is a brass fitting. Unscrew the sending unit and go to local hardware store and get a brass NPT pipe fitting and T off from there. Screw in your new guage and the old sending unit.

I realize this is not a picture, but I am taking you in reverse fashion of a thousand words can produce the most vivid picture. If you follow the oil feed line from the turbo to the block you can't miss what I feel is a great spot to tap in.

well i know the boost guage i really dont know why I asked that.. but the wastegate solenoid.. where should the Y tube feed into when looking at from the front of car?? Thanks again

Looking at the solenoid, my vacuum line is on the left, open port on the right. As long as one port is open to the air or has it's foam filter the switch will work.

HTH - Jimmy

gonna try to attach a pic for you. I am planning on drilling and tapping into the fitting for a gauge. I had a T on the T fitting and it worked but it was also a bit like a Curly Howard plumbing job.

How about drilling and tapping into the upper plenum for the vac/boost gauge?

no pic here because file is too big. I can e-mail it to you.

Boost/vacuum gauge......I would just tap into one of the small lines that comes off the block on top of the plenum. Another good one is coming off the line going to the fuel pressure regulator. I ditched the plastic line and went to reg rubber vac line, then T'd off of it for my boost/vac line. Just use a small piece of rubber line to connect the hard plastic vac/boost gauge line to the T, and use 2 small zip ties to keep it from blowing the plastic line out.

Oil pressure gauge.......as was suggested, just find a brass T fitting and a short piece of straight pipe/line that will screw into the place where the oil press sending unit is at. The pipe nipple is to simply connect/extend the T out far enough for a little more clearance/room to work. Make sure it's a female fitting T block though.....then screw the sending unit into one side, and the gauge line into the other. It's been a while since I did that one, so part sizes and what's exactly needed are a little fuzzy...lol. The factory sending unit is on the driver's side, lower front of the motor....it will have one wire coming off the end of it. If you use an electric press gauge, just run the signal p/u wire off the same sending unit. Stock setup only turns on an idiot light, but it's still a pressure transducer, so you can use it's signal to run a gauge as well.