Gt70hpqbb

Dr.drivability

9 second wannabee
How fast has this turbo gone? On my combo, can I reach 9's?? And with what PSI. Preferr to keep it at 20 or so. Thanks, Dave

The combo you have should get you there. But nines are hard to reack even with the parts. But I don't think you will get there on 20lbs. Time for some race gas.

How fast has this turbo gone? On my combo, can I reach 9's?? And with what PSI. Preferr to keep it at 20 or so. Thanks, Dave

You never mentioned the cam or shift point. With a solid cam you could go 9's at 20 psi but you will be up around 6400-6500 or so with that combo and an aggressive tune with some timing. If you are running the same cam as you were with the 67 (I assume p-trim 6776) then you wont go much faster than you already have if you only run 20 psi. If you had a 67 GTQ/HPQ i doubt you will pick up anything at all at 20 psi. Those heads need rpm.

I have been nines on that turbo. Bison is dead on. I also have a friend who has been deep into the nines on that turbo.

But the question is at what psi level???? 21-25, or 26-29?
There is no correct answer to this. It could be 18-19psi or 33psi depending on heads and cam as well as the weight of the car and the rest of the combo. Id bet any of the top TSM guys could do it under 20 psi. Shifting at 6800-7000 rpm though:biggrin:

I've seen it make good power at 19-20 psi. But not enough for 9's without the combo and a larger cam. But it really starts come on around 24-25 psi on a 231, I know that.