Gsx r 1000

motorsical

that's how we say it in the south:D i can't wait to catch one where i live..keep modding u will teach them a lesson......Bob

I knew they were fast bikes, but didn't realize they do 10.1's out of the factory until I got home and looked it up. I've beat other miscelaneous and less race ready street bikes (a few BMW's etc., but never tried to match up with a GSX-R.
It was a yellow and black one.

I rolled up to a light next to him....right after I beat down another Mini Cooper driver...:D

He looks over at me, with a look in his eye as if to say "You're racing Mini's?
Come on Mr. Bad @$$!"

Then looks ahead and pops his throttle a couple times to let me know he's onto me.

I figure what the hay, let's see what happens.
When the light turned green he rolls into it the first few feet and I did to, but I went WOT before he did and got about half a length on him before he opened it up on me.
Before we hit 75-80, he was out at least 3 lengths (mine....not his...), then we both let out at the same time.

As I came along side he looks back over at me nodding and giving me the thumbs up, and I just smiled and gve him the hang loose wave.

well when you want to try it again let me know. i have a 09 GSXR1000. now if you dont want to race that i have a 2003 GSXR600 you can try. Then again you might be better of running the 1000 since my 600 is packing a GT28R with a liquid intercooler :eek:

I used to have a lightly modded '86 GSXR1100. It was 480 pounds with a full tank and 119 hp at the rear wheel. The new ones make that look like somebody's moped. There isn't a car on the road that is a threat to a liter-class sport bike in a straight line unless its got 900+ hp. It's a whole other world performance-wise.......

Gotta give you credit for trying, though....! :cool:

I used to have a lightly modded '86 GSXR1100. It was 480 pounds with a full tank and 119 hp at the rear wheel. The new ones make that look like somebody's moped. There isn't a car on the road that is a threat to a liter-class sport bike in a straight line unless its got 900+ hp. It's a whole other world performance-wise.......

I think it really depends on the rider though. It's not rare to see smaller bikes with experienced riders lay waste to squids on liter bikes.

I used to have a 74 Yamaha 400 2stroke RD, Id pull up to lights with kids on Honda CB 600s and other assorted off the showroom floor models.

they wernt laughing for long:cool:

well when you want to try it again let me know. i have a 09 GSXR1000. now if you dont want to race that i have a 2003 GSXR600 you can try. Then again you might be better of running the 1000 since my 600 is packing a GT28R with a liquid intercooler :eek:

Isn't that frowned upon for a law enforcement officer?

I used to have a 74 Yamaha 400 2stroke RD, Id pull up to lights with kids on Honda CB 600s and other assorted off the showroom floor models.

they wernt laughing for long:cool:

Ha!
My brother had an RD400 back in the 70's. Those were the king!
His was real nice... right up until one of my buddies "borrowed" it one day and tried to pop a wheely.

He was not qualified to pull such a stunt, so the RD took off without him and bounced off a neighbors car.

Try to visualize this...
I lived in a culdesac.
We were a bit blazed at the time and putzing around on our skate bourds in front of my house...
My buddy noticed the key in the ingnition, so he fired it up and took the RD out onto the main street where he was still in view.
He raps off the throttle a couple times and then pops the clutch and takes off.
Last thing I saw was him just starting to pull up the front wheel....didn't look very professional....:frown:
Then he was gone from view....stage left....
Then I heard him trying to let go of the throttle (this was when the bike was shooting out from under him):confused:
...then a bunch of scratchy, crashy, crunchy sounds....
:eek:
About 5 seconds later I see him enter stage left....a bit tore up, with a severe limp and holding his arm...as he ran past the end of the culdesac towards his house.....exit stage right....:confused:
Then I hear a bunch of off stage yelling from off stage left...

So I go skating over to see what he did.

That's when I saw the bike laying there all banged up, the neighbors car all dented and scratched up, and the pissed off neighbor :mad:hollaring down the street at my buddy as he dissappeared up his own drive way down the street.

Ah crap....
I turned back around, skated back to my house...and started trying to figure out how to tell my big brother about his RD's new styling.:rolleyes:

bikes and cops

i own a suzuki 600 katana, lower end but heck i don't need to go 200 or out run the cops. sure cops may frown down on souped up bikes and cars but only if your acting like a jacka55. keep it on the track and if you get busted pull over, not worth your life and as the cops call them organ donors because that's all that you'll be good for if your not a veggie. i've owned several bikes and the quickest bike i had was a yamaha seca turbo 86ish if i remember. bike was heavy but talk about making the landscape turn into a blurr. love the open road and just having alittle fun. sure i do not pay attention to my speedo from time to time :biggrin:, but i've gotten a ticket for 92 in a 60. guess i should have watched my speedo more then the other drivers that time. then again i doubt i would outrun that charger and i like my body in one piece. when i bought my bike i took it in for the 600 mile break in servicing and the salesperson who sold me the bike showed me a gixxer that wasn't even recognizable due to some 18ish kid who's parents bought it for him and he was trying to outrun the cops. learned the kid never owned a street bike and had the bike less then 2 weeks before this happened. he lived but was in a body cast in dallas last i heard. lucky it was only a body cast and not a casket.