GS Nationals

87Turbo

Anyone ever been to the GS Nationals at Beach Bend Raceway in Bowling Green KY? On a scale one-ten(ten being best) how would you rate it?

Even with rain for one day last year. It was great! Buicks everywhere :p I am going again this year. I just wished there was Bristol this year also :( I will definitely going to the Corvette Museum this year.

I was there for the 2002 GS Nats with my pop. Just spectating, it was the most fun time I've had at a car show in a long time. I rate it a 10, so far. :cool:

10 out of 10!!!

Attendee and car show participant since 1987!:eek:

There's no other feeling like Bowling Green being TOTALLY taken over by Buick Power, old & new. Anywhere you go along the main drag you will see Buicks driving or parked or gassing up or getting washed. The after-track activities at the hotels are almost as fun as the race/show. The Beech Bend track itself is an experience with race cars just inches from you nose, literally. Yes, the ones racing! And the tin roof keeps you out of the sun.

The one drawback is the weather which is very unpredictable during that time of year. One day perfect skies and the next day hailstorms and tornadoes.:eek:

M&H RainMaster slicks may be required

Originally posted by troGNman
The one drawback is the weather which is very unpredictable during that time of year. One day perfect skies and the next day hailstorms and tornadoes.:eek:

That's for sure! It was sure scuba-time last year!

Saw a lot of TRs running around with GNX fender vents that I found out later were actually gills!

Every TR owner should go at least once, at least for a day. :)