GS Nationals OFFICIALLY Rescheduled October 20-23, 2010

I don't think it's awesome :mad: Much like the Norwalk event, racers will have to make a choice between that and Reynolds. It's amazing how these races fall on top of each other, yet we have months off in between. Hopefully the GSCA will offer a refund for those who can't make the new date.

I wouldnt worry about it Cal. The die hards will be at both not to miss events. I know me and my crew will be at both.

I thought this was a joke...

guess i won't be doing a non-refundable hotel reservation next year :mad:

I wouldnt worry about it Cal. The die hards will be at both not to miss events. I know me and my crew will be at both.

"And your crew" ? ? ? :confused:

With that name, it sounds like you are the crew ! :wink:

What to do, oh... What to do...

Mike

I don't think it's awesome :mad: Much like the Norwalk event, racers will have to make a choice between that and Reynolds. It's amazing how these races fall on top of each other, yet we have months off in between. Hopefully the GSCA will offer a refund for those who can't make the new date.

Well I'll be the first to say it...............REYNOLDS IS THE PLACE TO BE!

Should be an easy choice for the RACERS!

I better go ahead and reserve the bunkhouse :biggrin:

Well I have 1 week of vaction and I was planning on going to Noble but now it's a toss up. CRAP!

It may suck for all the events (reynolds, gs nationals and noble) to run close to on top of each other but, you must remember, the gsca cant choose when to hold the event when others are already scheduled through out the year. They have to use what ever dates the track offers...

Sucks, but yet that's how it is when an event has to be rescheduled.

I'll be at noble and then right after that weekend, be off to the GS nationals.

Cal, I hear ya... I'll be at Reynolds, For Sure

Hey, I started my trip for the GS Nationals flying home May 4, 2010, then a week of prep work for my GN... then week of Nationals, 2 weeks of vacation, NOW WHAT do I do... plus I had plans to drive my Hardtop GN from Wisconsin to Kentucky then back to Maine... WOW, at least people are home and not on the road or caught in the flooding or have damaged vehicles... we r lucky to be home watching... guess I have A LOT MORE TIME to prepare...

Buick 30th Annual GS Nationals... rescheduled...

How many times in 30 years has the GS Nationals been rescheduled.... due to flooding at the track... I can't believe it... look at the flood photo, WOW...

I bought a one way plane ticket from Portland, Maine to Appleton, Wisconsin and FLEW home May 04, 2010, then took my GN hardtop for test drive after sitting all winter... 20 pounds of boost and lots of fun...

I have shop time set up for new parts, detail and off to the track Friday Night at WIR Quater mile drag racing... no rain, no rain, no rain...

I have dealt with the death for each month of 2010, my Aunt who was my 2nd mom died Dec 31, 2009, buried the first week of January 2010,the next month - February 2010, my Brindle Male Great Dane dog died at 6 years old, but wait there is more - then March 1, 2010, the mother of my best friend died of cervical cancer at 58 yrs old, then April 2010, my White Great Dane of 4 years old had to be put down due to health problems... that is a death each month... my pets are my kids, except with fur coats... if you can't relate, you don't need to reply or say a word...

NOW May 2010 - GS Nationals is rescheduled... WTF
I 've been planning this all year... since last year leaving Nationals...

am I mad - of course not... life is like an EF5 tornado (200 mph) it moves very quickly... AND I will do my best to do whatever I can to enjoy life every moment and every day...

Life is full of ups and downs, sometimes it feels like why and how much more?
Day to day... smile - be happy, breath relax, and enjoy...

I can't believe it has been rescheduled... I thought it was a joke!!!
I posted a photo of downtown Chicago from United Airlines on facebook
and someone commented that the GS Nationals were cancelled, a joke to me, but later I got a phone call that the joke was true ( no joke), then I saw the photos... end of the track... plus flooding inside the tower up to the 2nd floor...

BeechBendRaceway_Flood_May2010.jpg

sunny view from inside United Airlines going home for the GS Nationals...

Login | Facebook

Attachments

• Downtown_Chicago.jpg
    Downtown_Chicago.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 1,248
I wanted to let everything settle down before I asked for clarification on the procedure, for those who can't make the October event, for getting their registration money back from the GS Nationals organizers? Would appreciate if someone from the GS Nats post this information or anyone who may have some information on this.....Thanks.