Gremlins..

BlackOut89

Well lets start with the facts. 86'GN, Poston headers, flowmaster exhaust, rjc plenum plate, rjc boost controller, SMC ally kit, turbo tweak chip. Everything else is stock. My car recently has died on me twice now. Once at normal city driving conditions and once after I had it to the floor and let off. Had no MAL Codes up until the other day I was driving and it started acting funky and it threw a 33 for the MAF. Now I do have a lt1 MAF I'm about to put on along with a translator and a new chip but just wanted some opinions or any suggestions on other possibilities. Also cold mornings my car won't even crank and sometime if I keep trying of hold it in the start position for a second it does start...idk any opinions? Thanks everyone

Warmed up at idle

AF: 04
L8:31-33
BAT: 14v
INT: 128
BL: 136
CLT: 162
ATS: 43
R: 775
TPS: .44
IAC: 39

Cooler weather, need to dial back on the alky. But since you have a code 33 & a new maf and translator to put on, I'd start there. Scanmaster readings look good at idle.

My car did that and it was issues with the ignition wiring in the column. Car would die, no code, sometime not crank and other times be fine. Loose wires.

SS502 said:
Cooler weather, need to dial back on the alky. But since you have a code 33 & a new maf and translator to put on, I'd start there. Scanmaster readings look good at idle.

Now when you say dial back on the alky I assume you mean spray later? The pervious owner had set the dial to spray at first sign of boost. Although I have not changed it yet...

we4Mateo said:
My car did that and it was issues with the ignition wiring in the column. Car would die, no code, sometime not crank and other times be fine. Loose wires.

Yeah I'm beginning to think its loose wiring too. Previous owner did a job lets just say not even up to the DIY standards ha. And now that I think about it I have lost communication with the scanmaster at time which makes the car run like shit. Looks like I have some cleaning up to do.

Ford has a "wiggle" test in their diagnostics. Wiggle the key while running, the harness on the column, the connector at the base of the column. Maybe it will act up and isolate your issue.

Well the only thing that's weird is that it only won't start on cold mornings . Go back to the car later in the day when it's warmed up a bit and it starts