Greg Weld Dragstars

YouLikeThat

Just picked up some greg weld drag stars. They look good for a cheap wheel. The finish isn't that great but I might repolish them. but for a drag car they would be a cheap good looking wheel that weights as much as a pro star.
Scott

Attachments

• misc.dragstars 031.jpg
    misc.dragstars 031.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 1,682
  • misc.dragstars 033.jpg
    misc.dragstars 033.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 1,453
  • misc.dragstars 034.jpg
    misc.dragstars 034.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 1,646
with tires on the Pinto.

Attachments

• dragstars gn hood 002.jpg
    dragstars gn hood 002.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 1,340
  • dragstars gn hood 005.jpg
    dragstars gn hood 005.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 1,350
Those are good lookin wheels. I thought about buying some for my GN....Looks good on the Pinto :p

I think they look good. I was considering them as well. Do you think they would fit on a GN?

Reason I ask is that centercap doesn't stick out much. Maybe clearance issues with the wheel bearing dust covers??

I think they look good. I was considering them as well. Do you think they would fit on a GN?

Reason I ask is that centercap doesn't stick out much. Maybe clearance issues with the wheel bearing dust covers??

I'll test fit them for you! Give me a little time but I'll throw the fronts on and see if they clear. I'll take a few pics also.
8UWITH6 installed the rear tires last week and I have a few pics to add...
gregweldrears002.jpg

gregweldrears001.jpg

Doesn't that sunny day look nice:D

They are about the same. Fronts are 10.5lbs and I didn't weigh the rears alone but they are 33lbs with M/T 28x9s.
Scott

You could use some longer studs in the rear-i thought they have to extend past the rim by atleast the diameter of the stud width.

You could use some longer studs in the rear-i thought they have to extend past the rim by atleast the diameter of the stud width.

I think the NHRA rule is they have to extend past the threads on the lug nuts. I need to check how strong a factory 31 spline axle stud is. Don't really care how long they are as long as they don't break.

Damn those are good lookin wheels! And the camaro on that site is soooo sick looking! I want to see a set of the 17in stars!

They look nice and they are cheap but are they heavier than a weld prostar? I know they are cast instead of forged and the jegs-summit version of a draglite- prostar are fairly heavy

They are about the same. Fronts are 10.5lbs and I didn't weigh the rears alone but they are 33lbs with M/T 28x9s.
Scott

They look nice and they are cheap but are they heavier than a weld prostar? I know they are cast instead of forged and the jegs-summit version of a draglite- prostar are fairly heavy
I have weighed a 15x3.5 prostar on the same scale and it was 10.0lbs so the greg welds are 8 ounces heavier.

wheels

I saw some polished ones yesterday and they looked great,$150 .Chrome were $100 more and should be worthy of street and strip use.Weighed less than 12 lbs.
I`d like a 10 inch rim in a 15 what would be a good offset for 275x 60`s or 325x50?

I actually just put the Greg Weld dragstars on my 87 Monte last night, 15x8 in the back with 275/60r15s, I think it I got the 4.5" backspacing, I just needed a thin spacer for the back so the tires wouldnt rub the frame, it was way to close to take the chance....I have skinnys in the front, looks mean!...Im debating on a paint job now, I'l try to get pics soon