Greddy Profec B2 - Spoolup ?

Swede2

I dont know anything!
Hmm strange... I posted this thread earlier but it isnt here now ? So I do a repost...

I wonder if anyone can explain how the spoolup feature in Profec works ? I know that you set by psi... but if you set it at 0 psi, what does that mean ? Never spools up ? 5 psi... is that faster ? Is it faster the higher the psi is set ?

Also, have anyone proofs that just the Profec has done something to your 60:s and 1/4 ? If so how much did you gained ?

Before and after results would be nice!

Thx Daniel

The higher you set the spool up, the more boost you'll see before the solenoid starts to bleed pressure. Similiar to a grainger valve I believe.
I didn't think you'd get much "proof" that it works though. Not sure why, but it's NOT because it doesn't work.
All I can tell you is that on my car with the boost controller off, from a 10mph roll the car just hooks and goes on the 28x11.5 ET Street. With the boost controller on and the spool up feature (I forget what it's called on the controller) at 17psi, it will make those tires fight for traction...and lose.
Do I have a timeslip to prove it...no, I haven't had the time to get to the track for over a year. Sorry.

I am bringing this one back for those that want to know more about the electronic boost controllers.

The spool setting basically limits the signal going to the wastegate actuator. This means that the actuator will not get an "open" signal until a set point. You can keep raising this setting in the boost controller higher and higher to get even better spooling. Of course there is a limit. If you get too high, you will run into boost spiking because the controller/actuator can not control the boost setting. Once the setting is set properly, you will get some killer spooling.

If anyone else wants info on the elevtronic controllers, feel free to ask.