Granddaddy of no start issues? Experts please come inside...

I will check it. I'm pretty sure it's ok as I just the t-chain last year and have put maybe 100 miles since then. I'll post up when I have a chance to get to it.

Thanks to everyone who has posted thus far.

I know it was already suggested but did you physically check fuses? If the plugs are wet, sounds like no sparky.

Do you have a test light? Or dvm? Pull the module plug off. Test the 2 pnk/blk wires with the key on. Pin p and m on the plug. They should both have power (12vdc).

RL

I was just thinking about what TurboBob mentioned... If the crankshaft key way had sheared the crank would spin but the balancer and all the anciallary items would not right? Everything is moving fine. I've been watching as I crank the engine... I'll still check just to rule it out completely.

I pulled the plugs one at a time, left them attached to their respective plug wire and cranked the engine- I got spark.

I tested the pins off the ignition module plug P & M and got 11.6v

I have not done a compression check- yet...

cal helped me with a no start seemed very similar to my problem tps switch was bad would not turn on injectors probably not your issue but worth a look

Fuel pump restart after the prime cycle is done? Have you jumped the fp wire near the back of the alt to power up the pump??

TPS was checked out. Properly adjusted.

Fuel Pump primes fine and FP at the rail stays constant. Spark plugs are all getting wet.
Fuel Pump is hotwired.

Pnk/blk wire is on the injector harness? Or on the harness that plugs to the ignition module. (last one on the plug facing front of engine?) I checked the one that plugs to the ignition module with key on and I had 11.6v

The injector harness plug under the coil pack/module. The pnk/blk wire should have power with key on.

If i read right you said plugs are wet then either you don't have spark or inj. are stuck open

I have spark when I test it.
Plugs are wet when I try to crank and engine tries to start. Not sure if they would be stuck open...

I had a no start issue and it was the main harness into the engine computer (pass. side kick panel) had corroded and caused all sorts of problems. Got a new computer and everything was fine.

Spark seemed iffy on the original coilpack and module. (at least it seemed like it to me)

Coil pack and ignition module were swapped along with wires from another car (ALL of these Items are in "known working" condition... Never any issues whatsoever)

I pulled ECU and swapped it as well. No corrosion whatsoever, lots of dielectric grease, very clean.--- Swap did not help.

Thanks to everyone who is contributing... Keep the ideas coming. This is making me pull my hair out.:mad:

Okay how about what i just had happen to me last week check the orange ECM wire make sure it's not holding on by one strand of wire even though the SES light is coming on may not be enough voltage to ECM my car would start and run but SES light would blink while driving and intermittantly shut off but would restart back up

I checked the orange wire and traced it up and down just to be sure... It's good to go...

Frustrating isn't it?:mad:

I, too, want to know what the problem is... I'm sure it'll be something stupid but, it sure is frustrating when you think you've covered everything.

Oh well, I'll keep at it till I find it. Just takes some time due to work, etc...

If anyone has any other ideas, I'm all ears.:biggrin: