Grand National and GNX are returning!!

You guys are too funny. Everyone expects General Motors to hit a home run right out of the gate. Lest we forget that the original 1982 Grand National was a naturally aspirated Regal with a 4.1 V6 and 125 horsepower? Considering that is how the legacy of the infamous GNX was started and founded upon, I would think that an all Black 4-door Grand National sporting twin turbo's making 400-450 horsepower would be an excellent start for its' reintroduction.

Its like voting Obama back in office....GM has a bad record....... Thats why everybody is bitching!

MeanBuicks said:
How's about they just call it a GS or Gran Sport? IMO, unless they're returning to NASCAR with this thing, the Grand National name isn't real appropriate but T-Type works.

T-Type works for the colored ones but all the black ones will still be GNs.

You guys better settle down, check that blood pressure and change your Depends. It's not the end of the world.

If this car did come back with the same name and emblem then obviously it has to have a Turbo V6. The emblem is a Turbo 6. If they change it to a similar design in an 8 then it could then technically have the new LT1 engine (Turbo LT1, 600hp and you could still keep the emblem). This does however seem as it will be a rebadged car as was the Holden Monaro turned into the new Pontiac GTO. My vote is AWD Twin Turbo V6 with 400HP, 2 or 4 doors is not the deciding factor for me. I will trade in my C6 Corvette for this if its built right but there would have to be alot right about this car to make me give up such a great car.

This does however seem as it will be a rebadged car as was the Holden Monaro turned into the new Pontiac GTO. My vote is AWD Twin Turbo V6 with 400HP, 2 or 4 doors is not the deciding factor for me. I will trade in my C6 Corvette for this if its built right but there would have to be alot right about this car to make me give up such a great car.

If you think about it, so was the original '64 Lemans, they got the GTO idea and badging from Ferrari. Speaking of Corvette's though, I was disappointed to see GM reuse the ZR1 badge on a non-32 valve supercharged engine with pushrods. Could have went with ZR2, but then again ZR2 was used in the 70's for the Corvette 454. In fact, so was ZR1, it was used in a better handling SBC Corvette from the 70's. Meh, soooo many emblems, soooo little time... :p

I saw this on the GRRRR8 forum while I was waiting for my G8 to get checked up... could not believe it. One thing however, is very self evident from the "photos".... photoshop. Sure it's a nice gesture, but those photos are definitely not representative of what the actual car may look like.

The ATS has an extremely high belt line/rear deck and frankly, I'm not sure I like that ...but we'll see.

The part that confuses me the most is why they would use the name "Grand National" - at the time the original came out ,it made sense - are they going to call it the "Buick Sprint Cup" ? :p

This may or may not be a good thing. From what I heard at the buick dealer, the regal's aren't doing very well - imagine that. At least this might be a purpose built vehicle rather than a rebranded Opel like the current Regal.

Of course this is no longer another case of a division churning out a car that would end up being the fastest GM one could buy so that's a bit less exciting.. especially considering buick no longer has a motor. Where does the new TT V6 trace its lineage to?

I saw this on the GRRRR8 forum while I was waiting for my G8 to get checked up... could not believe it. One thing however, is very self evident from the "photos".... photoshop. Sure it's a nice gesture, but those photos are definitely not representative of what the actual car may look like.

Yes, it is a photoshop, and not one done by GM. It's a wet dream from some graphic artist.

The part that confuses me the most is why they would use the name "Grand National" - at the time the original came out ,it made sense - are they going to call it the "Buick Sprint Cup" ? :p

"Grand National" has brand recognition, so using the nameplate makes perfect sense.

This may or may not be a good thing. From what I heard at the buick dealer, the regal's aren't doing very well - imagine that. At least this might be a purpose built vehicle rather than a rebranded Opel like the current Regal.

I drove a new GS. They're fantastic, but the infotainment system's interface is crap and it's expensive. It's a worthy competitor to the Camry and Accord, but it is priced to go against the BMW 3 series and the Merc C class. That's a tough sell.

Of course this is no longer another case of a division churning out a car that would end up being the fastest GM one could buy so that's a bit less exciting.. especially considering buick no longer has a motor. Where does the new TT V6 trace its lineage to?

It's a twin-turbo version of the 3.6L you find in current Cadillacs and Chevrolet V6 models. The current engine is very, very good. Turning on my speculation hat, I would say the coming T-Type/GN/GNX is going to be four doors because two doors doesn't sell and a two-door Alpha platform car would end up being TOO small; and if they're smart they'll bore/stroke the 3.6 out to 3.8L.

The only drawback is the car will likely be $45,000 to $55,000+, slotted in between the Camaro SS and the Cadillac CTS-V.

TexasT said:
It will be two door or I wont own it. Cruising in my mom's car isn't what I am after. It doesn't have to be a sports car. It was a family car when first introduced and can be a hopped up version again.

It MUST be a Two door coupe for me to consider it. It must have rwd, it must have a decent back seat and trunk. And It MUST have pah!

Are you listening GM?

I looked over the chryco data and I realize there must be a four door and I am not saying not to build a four door. I am saying there must be a two door for me to buy it.

All the muscle cars had a four door sedan and a two door coupe to build from. I get the economy through greater production need, and where else would we get parts from down the road?

Build it GM, there are plenty clamoring for it no mater what hits the showroom.

Plus how can there be a convertible if there is no two door coupe?

There is great potential there. I thought I read about a 2 door ATS. Maybe it will be shared with Buick. If Reuss is an avid GN fan, and he has some control, he won't let it go underdone.

You guys are too funny. Everyone expects General Motors to hit a home run right out of the gate. Lest we forget that the original 1982 Grand National was a naturally aspirated Regal with a 4.1 V6 and 125 horsepower? Considering that is how the legacy of the infamous GNX was started and founded upon, I would think that an all Black 4-door Grand National sporting twin turbo's making 400-450 horsepower would be an excellent start for its' reintroduction.

Agreed!!

Our GN's look unique?? Everyone thinks they are a Chevy Monte Carlo.