Got some pics of my car up finally

I REALLY LIKE THE WAY YOUR CAR LOOKS. I BOUGHT AN ORIGINAL 1985 GN WHICH I HAVE RECENTLY RESTORED. I HAD THE ENGINE REMANUFACTURED BY JASPER WHICH INCLUDED A LARGER CAM SHAFT. THIS ALONG WITH A COLD AIR KIT THE CAR SHOWED A LARGE INCREASE IN POWER. SEVERAL WEEKS AGO I PUT ON A NEW SET OF POSTON HEADERS, ADJUSTABLE WASTE GATE ACTUATOR, AND A HOOKER EXHAUST SYSTEM WHICH REALLY INCREASED THE PERFORMANCE AS WELL. THE CAR IS RUNNING GREAT! NO BACK PRESSURE AT ALL.
I HAVE ALOT OF QUESTIONS FOR YOU! I NOTICED THAT YOU PUT ON AN INTERCOOLER AS WELL (I THINK?) A NEW TA33C TURBO. I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT YOU DID AND HOW YOU ARE HAPPY WITH YOU CAR. THESE ARE ON MY NEXT LIST OF IMPROVEMENTS!
P.S. WHAT TYPE OF TIRES AND SIZE DO YOU USE?

THANKS- BRAD- CARPENTERSVILLE, IL

Hey Brad, sounds like you're on the right track so far with your car. My engine itself it stock except for the heads. But the cam, pistons and all the rest of the internals are all stock. I bought the car 5 years ago from an old guy who bought the car new from the factory. It was dead bone stock. I am also running the hooker duel exhaust system. And yes I do have a TA33 turbo. The tranny is rebuilt with thr art carr shift kit, and 2800 stall lockup convertor. Right now i'm running a set of tomco 30# injectors, but I also have a set of 009's somewhere around. (misplaced them:eek:) I purchased the turbomotion V2 intake and intercooler kit a few years back when they were first made, which consists on the modified 86/7 intercooler, 86/7 throttlebody, the iac and tps, witing for it and such, hoses, clamps and everything to make the kit work(except for throttle and cruise cable) and the modified intake. There are only 20 or so of those kits around and they are hard to find! There is however someone on here who is making their own intake and intercooler kit that will be equally as good, or better than the TM V2 kit. There are lots of things u can do to these cars (hotair or intercooled) that will make you go fast! I have other parts as well that I can't remember right now that are listed in my signature. Because I put on all of these go fast parts together, I noticed a HUGE difference in the way my car drove, ran, and performed. It was like driving a chevette and upgrading to a Z06 Corvette:D. It's stored for winter right now, but in the summer I do use it as my daily driver rain or shine. And I also take it on many trips which is why I never went completely wild on the engine. I was getting about 28 mpg stock, and i noticed that i get about 30 mpg now since the performance mods, and i'm pretty sure its because of the effiency of the new intake manifold. That is with the A/C on doing about 60-70 mph. im running 225/65/15's in the front i believe, and 255/60/15's in the rear. I will have to double check tho. Welcome to the world of Turbo Buicks man, and hope you enjoy your ride as all of us guys do!

Looks good, keep it up. I definately envy that gas mileage. I always hear about some guys that get mileage like that , but then there is the rest of us that might get half that good.
Ever run it at a track?

I haven't had it to the track since I first bought it back in 99. And I had a best run of 14.2@97 mph when it was dead bone stock, and on some race fuel and very well tuned. I was impressed with the numbers back then. I will be running it this summer at the racetrack when it opens may 15th to see what kinda numbers I can get. It sure puuls harder then it did before so I hope for something impressive. But we'll see

Originally posted by BuickTV6
best run of 14.2@97 mph when it was dead bone stock, and on some race fuel and very well tuned.

that's impressive...was that bone stock with the boost turned up?

Yes

Yes that was with the boost turned up a few psi.Made the stock wastegate adjustable and upped it some psi. I was only ever able to run that one time. it was my 2nd last run. I think my slowest was 15.8 or something like that. Other then the boost, the motor was dead stock right down to the stock fuel regulator and airbox.

I can't see the pictures right now but I like those numbers. A few people didn't believe what my dad's hotair ran nearly stock. Mods were adjustable FPR, 20psi boost, K&N, and chip. It went 14.0@100mph. These things will run good even when close to stock when tuned properly. It's good to see another nearly stock hotair running good numbers.

14.2@97

That is grrreat. Those are good numbers even for a car with a few mods. Good tuning, very impressive. You shouldnt have trouble getting into the 12's from there with your current setup. Traction will probably be your biggest problem. Watch your fueling though with those 30lbers, I expect you will find that you will need to up the injectors once you start getting it going. At least some 36ers, or dig up those 009s you mentioned (42.5lb right?)....or get some MSD 50s and call it a day. Those might be what I will go with whenever Im forced to change.

Traction is something im worrying about right now. And as soon as i find those injectors, they're going in... Hard to believe I misplaced my 009's :eek: They will turb up tho. they're somewhere in my unsorted mess. With the 30's i think i ran about 14-15 psi boost on super high octane fuel and was doing okay.93 octane i was getting knock. So I figured the injectors were lacking a little. Granted, at 14 psi it pulls hard like you wouldn't believe. At 35 mph, I can pin it, and the tires break loose and im on my way, and I got limited slip, so its 2 nicely laid patches. A week after i put the turbo, intake, and intercooler kit on, I had bald tires.:cool: I find it hard to drive the car now without chirping it now and again. You always want to lay into it. But yeah, 12's would be nice this summer, but we'll see. Right now its pretty nuts, and its far from being tunes. so hopefully after its tuned, and with the new injectors and the installation of the new downpipe, i'll lay some rubber.

Originally posted by 6SENSE
Looks good, keep it up. I definately envy that gas mileage. I always hear about some guys that get mileage like that , but then there is the rest of us that might get half that good.
Ever run it at a track?

Damn by reading your sig, I feel bad for you. You guys need all that **** just to run a low 13 second pass?:confused: Not trying to do this whole import/domestic or apple/orange thing. But damn thats sad.

Originally posted by fireberd350
i love trolls:rolleyes:
Exactly.
Someone must be lost. Not used to this type of ignorance around here. Am I suppose to respond to this? Am I supposed to point out that its a stock 140,000?+ mileage block with some bolts ons and that alot of that stuff listed isnt even exactly go fast parts? (a troll wouldnt be able to figure that out though). That I run on pump gas/street trim? Spare and jack along with tools in the trunk on a already heavy as sh*t highly optioned t-top car on street tires. Or that (if you notice the 60ft) with a little traction/half way decent short time that run would be more like a 12.7et (spinning down the track doesnt help et... or do you know that). Unlocked convertor, vaccum leak, knock, yada, yada etc etc.
Guess Ive got to hurry up and get ahold of some cash so I can get this work-in-progress moving along a little quicker so I can please the unimpressed troll community :rolleyes: .
Wait a minute, why am I wasting my time defending my non intercooled stock 15.8et rolling brick for? :p I must be pretty bored, thanks for the amusement :)

Oh mise well point out that the sigs at the bottom of our posts are for other TR owners, or those with an actual interest, to view. For comparison, to see what parts other guys/gals are using ,to help each other out when figuring out problems, or for our own amusement. Again, I guess a troll wouldnt/couldnt understand that.
I have nothing at all against ricers, but I hope youve got a supra coming here talking that mess. Thats the only import that Ive ever seen a need to really show a respect for at the track. I remember a couple quick 280zx's (I think thats what they were), and heck I like wrx's, but........ :p never mind :cool:

P.S. Hey he must be from the Honda site. I read over in the lounge the other day about a GN guy trolling around there and getting those guys to basically drop to there knees and give praise to TRs like our cars were some kind of gift from God. Hey Ipreferimports, go over to the General Tech area and start a thread. Why pic on us slow hotair guys :rolleyes: ;) (guess it hurts when our communities' designated slow cars are faster than there fast ones)......okay Im done...really.

Originally posted by 6SENSE
Exactly.
Someone must be lost. Not used to this type of ignorance around here. Am I suppose to respond to this? Am I supposed to point out that its a stock 140,000?+ mileage block with some bolts ons and that alot of that stuff listed isnt even exactly go fast parts? (a troll wouldnt be able to figure that out though). That I run on pump gas/street trim? Spare and jack along with tools in the trunk on a already heavy as sh*t highly optioned t-top car on street tires. Or that (if you notice the 60ft) with a little traction/half way decent short time that run would be more like a 12.7et (spinning down the track doesnt help et... or do you know that). Unlocked convertor, vaccum leak, knock, yada, yada etc etc.
Guess Ive got to hurry up and get ahold of some cash so I can get this work-in-progress moving along a little quicker so I can please the unimpressed troll community :rolleyes: .
Wait a minute, why am I wasting my time defending my non intercooled stock 15.8et rolling brick for? :p I must be pretty bored, thanks for the amusement :)

By no means am I trolling I just figured that T Types and GNs were alot faster even in stock form considering they were the flagship car (correct?) Not by bragging but i've recently aquired a GNX powered vehicle and am just looking on information for making it go faster, this older technology is very elusive to my solely japanese performance trained mind. Nice car anyhow.

Not really a fair comparison and yet again (apples to oranges) my supra bone stock only ran a 13.6 at 320HP. But then again the supras in the 80s were of course 15 second cars. Anyhow i hope to have a fun exploration and time with this vehicle and perhaps it can fulfill my expectations, if not, sand rail time...

Well you do know, intercoolers aren't the most expensive item in modifications... And running a vehicle non-intercooled is quite stupid well thats just my japanese performance trained mind yet again.

Take your japanese trained mind out of my forum unless you have something worthwhile to add...

My 2 cents for IPreferImports

Listen dawg. You come in here telling us guys how "sad" it is to put all of that work into a car and only get low 13 sec timeslips. Show me a honda civic or a acura integra that can run low 13 sec timeslips with the few mods we put on our cars to make them go fast. They're 16-17 sec cars for the most part. Those guys throw on a lightened flywheel, cold air kit, pewrformance clutch and think they're running 13's. Yeah right...I know guys who dump 10k into their cars and don't even have 10 sec rides.Let me drop some science on you. Most of our cars in here are 19-20 years old. We are not stupid. We all know what intercoolers do, what our cars are capable of, and how to make them fast. I and a few others have added intercoolers to our hotair cars with impressive results, but many in here are staying hotair for a reason. I find it funny that you say your bone stock Supra runs 13.6 with 320 HP. I am assuming you're talking about the TT supras in the mid 90's?Still not as efficient as the Intercooled GN's that ran 13.8 with a rated 245 hp(which was underrated) and with a single turbo 15 years ago. You cannot compare a 15-20 year old car with a TT supra, a suburu WRX, or a 350/G35. Its a completely different class. As someone stated earlier, go to the buick general tech section and speak to some of the intercooled 86/7 GN/T guys. They'll have fun with you. as most of them are in the 11's with VERY few mods. If I wanted to run an extremely fast car for cheap, i'd just go buy a 5.0HO stang for 3k and frop another 3K into it, and i'll be flying. For a lot of us, its not throwing down fast times. Its appreciating the car for what it can do, and have fun doing it. My car is loaded to the kilt and its about 4,000 lbs with me in it. I ran a best of 14.2 stock with some good tuning and boost. which is pretty decent for a heavy car as it is. We are a very friendly community here, sharing ideas, thoughts and experiences. Who do you think you are to come in here and say its "Sad" to run 13 sec timeslips? Before you open your mouth, how about check out the gn/ttype website and learn a little bit about these cars and their history. You will find you will get much more out of these cars then you will your supra. I will leave it at that, as I am quite annoyed at your earlier comments.

i think I said it best, in a few words...dont waste your time writing those long ass replies...its a waste of time and ur given the bastard what he wants...ignore his ass and be done with it!