got my car dyno'd

ForcedV6

i have run 12.5 at 107.7 with a 1.8 60' foot

what kind of numbers should my car have put down to run these times?

just some opinions then ill let u guys know.

its an 87 national

i never weighed it but it is a full weight car minus the spare and jack.

just to clarify i am talking about at the wheels.

IF everything was correct, that ET "Should" equate to:

~290HP/~460ish torque!

It did 230/300.

What are easy things we should check? Plugs, wires, fuel filter, anything else that could be wrong?

If the convertor was way too loose, would it hurt that much hp?

Loose convertor

A WAAAAAY loose converter is a definate NO NO if you are looking for somewhat accurate rear wheel #'s...
The HP is just going up in the form of heat and slippage in the converter. Most dyno guys say 15 to 20% loss w/ a converter, IF it's right.

Did you data log the dragstrip runs?? If so, what RPM drop do you see on the shifts?? The target I shoot for is 1000 to 1200. ALOT less and you are "driving over" the converter.
Since these engines, in production form, are done "playing" at about 5200 - 5500, a real loose converter will really kill the RWHP, and the strip performance.

Does the converter have a LU in it? If so, did you try it locked on the dyno??

when i made the best run on the car being 12.50 the converter was not this loose. i dont have anything to log the runs just yet and i will be selling the car soon but i want to be sure that it is right before i sell it. The last time i went out with the car in its current state it didnt run very good... 13.0 at 101 with a 1.7 60' leaving at like 8psi on a slick and i was blaming it on not getting the car dialed in because the weather kept changing but i think it is the converter now. It used to not drag like it does now but i had heard from people that it will loosen up over time so i didnt think anything of it. I think Precision industries will be getting a package from me sometime this week. i got the two year warranty so i think it is worth a try.

you don't lose 10MPH:eek: !! With a converter change, sounds like you got a real problem somewhere!!
At 101mph those dyno reading are CORRECT!!!!

10 MPH loss

Old Gray, The 10 mph loss is something I have experienced w/ my car and have also seen it happen to varying degrees on alot of other combos.
Example:
My car ran 11.20@122. Converter was changed and car went 10.90@117. Changed again and car went 10.22@132. All other tuneup settings were the same. 8psi leave, shift at 6000,18psi in all 3 gears, same tires, same driver... only the weather got hotter as the tests proceeded. The car most likely would have had a larger difference, had the weather been consistent.

SURE would like to be able to make just another converter change and get another full second off the et and add another 10 mph!!!!!:D :D :D :D I am now on another converter, but have not gotten the tuneup right. Hpe to see some 9's.... I'm gettin REAL tired of seeing Steve Woods "nephew", Chris Cairns, getting all the attention for a fluky 9 sec pass...:mad: :mad: !! Actually, I bet the time slip was from an 1/8th mi track.;) ;) ;) J/K!!

Back under my rock

a whopping 230 hp and 300 ft lbs of torque... my stall is now a 4200 it used to be a 2800 so i think i am going be using that two year warranty