Got my A.S. Degree!

TT/Ameasap

The White Blur
I will have to admit, it was the harder road to take, but I made it with a 3.2GPA
Now I have 2 years to go at Western Illinois University in the Engineering program.
Gotta thank my wife for supporting me tho. Im stoked!

Congrats. Secondary education as a full time working adult requires commitment.

Well done! My Bro's been an RF E.E. for the last 30 years. He loves the engineering aspect of it but he can't say the same about all the other BS that comes along with that profession. Does well financially but it took 20 years to get to where he's at, a supervisory position. There's a lot of pressure to deal with regarding budgets, deadlines, etc. Also the odds of finding an employer that offers a real pension are slim.

Unless you're dead set solely on this field, may I recommend that you keep your options open? http://www.bls.gov/ooh/transportation-and-material-moving/air-traffic-controllers.htm

I used to know a guy who became one and believe me, he wasn't the brightest of individuals nor could he handle pressure all that well. Non the less, the guy was making 120Gs handling ground traffic for LaGuardia airport.

You have to be 30 years of age or younger to apply.

I will have to admit, it was the harder road to take, but I made it with a 3.2GPA
Now I have 2 years to go at Western Illinois University in the Engineering program.
Gotta thank my wife for supporting me tho. Im stoked!

GREAT JOB !! I talked my son into getting his degree while in the Army . They trained him in his field & he went one step further to get his AS degree as a BioMed Tech. . Now he fixes all that equipment that keeps us alive at a major hospital here in town.
Told him Knowledge is Power that can't be taken away !

Interesting.... at the intel facility i work at most of the engineers here have at least one PHD. But the entire facility has only 2 technologists and one of them was just promoted from engineer last week. I guess the question is what is the major difference between an engineer and technologist?

Anyone?

The Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology describes the difference between engineering and engineering technology as: "Engineering and technology are separate, but intimately related professions. Here are some of the ways they differ:

• Engineering undergraduate programs include more mathematics work and higher level mathematics than technology programs.
  • Engineering undergraduate programs often focus on theory, while technology programs usually focus on application.
  • Once they enter the workforce, engineering graduates typically spend their time planning, while engineering technology graduates spend their time making plans work.
  • At ABET, engineering and engineering technology programs are evaluated and accredited by two separate accreditation commissions using two separate sets of accreditation criteria.
  • Graduates from engineering programs are called engineers, while graduates of technology programs are often called technologists.
  • Graduates from engineering technology programs are often hired as engineers

I had my share of College Physics and calculus. No way i could stand Calc II-III and advanced Physics...lol
I also have 15yrs in manufacturing managment and 2 yrs as a welding engineer. I already have job offers, but I dont want to be limited with the A.S. degree. Its only 2 more yrs...lol

Congratulations. You are an inspiration and proof that it can be done even though we aren't 19 anymore.

nice, been working on my degree in aeronautics, got 3 classes left. with my military experience (over 20 yrs) i've been working as an engineer for electrical/electronic at northrop, gotta have the degree to get promoted thou.

Very well done! A Bachelors of Science in Engineering is no joke and will serve you well.
Got my EE as a kid. I could not imagine trying to do it now.