Got Jacked.

Taffy

Some stupid muther f'ers stole my radio and my 10" sub:mad:. That is not why I am pissed. I am pissed cause they used a screw driver to break open the passenger side door. Then they took my Mix CD. I am glad I did not roll up on them, I would have beat the poo poo out of them. Oh poop I am steamed. Good thing for insurance. Although I think I am not covered for that. Not a good day.
Plus women problems. Bad day altogether.:(

Eric,

Super-bummer! Worse than the damage is what it reveals about other some human beings & evil in general.

Some homeowner policies cover acts of vandalism and/or theft if they occur on your property---any chance there?

We are very sorry your life has been touched by some sub-human slime. Many of us know how that feels.

Press on...just be glad you are not them.

I just called USAA (my auto ins) and I have a $500 deductible. I have another sub, but I gotta buy another head unit (I am welding that mofo in), but I figure the ins will pay for the damage. It is not alot of damage, but they jimmied the door handle out, so a new door is in order. Stupid people. If I ever see some dumb arse stealing a car, my boot in their arse I will put.:mad:

One good thing is you still have your car. I have a nice radio in one of my cars and a lot of times I just like to listen to the car.

Your story reminded me of this guy I knew in college that was mad about getting his radio stolen. He superglued razor blades on the back of his radio in case it got "ripped" out. Very extreme and probably not a good idea, but that was his angle. I finished that college before I heard of any blood on my interior stories :eek: .

Good luck with fixing your car. Also, there are several good anti-theft ideas for the cars. Search on the board, but the ideas won't be posted, and you would have to email people in the thread, or email me for some ideas. Tim

I used to be in the audio thing. Back in the 80's :rolleyes: - back in the days when no one knew what a subwoofer even was...

Anywho, I used to put my nice stereo in the glove box with a nice surround - all professional looking, and left the unhooked up stock stereo in its normal place. Nobody will ever know, and they won't mess with your stuff anymore!

Just a suggestion!

i know what its like, i had a car stolen and chopped up, and then about a month ago my GN was broken into (along with my sisters car and my dads truck) and they stole my cd player...

some people just should be whiped off the face of the earth...

-neil

Be glad you still have your car. Last time my GN was stolen the creeps took it for a joy ride and THEN stole my stereo.

Yeah what Todd said ,,back in the 80's what I did was take the old stock head unit and take the face off and knobs and hot glue it (jb weld) it all together and thenlay it over the old radio,so that when the clowns looked in they seen the stock pos radio:) :) :)

Some nicely worded receipts for $$$ equipment mounted in the stock locations will eat up that $500 deductible in no time.

Insurance should pay for your loss.

What about the damage to the door that should add up as well.

Get some $$$ quotes and get your money!

Just my .02 raised to $500, if you need a receipt email me. :D

Originally posted by salvageV6
Some nicely worded receipts for $$$ equipment mounted in the stock locations will eat up that $500 deductible in no time.

Insurance should pay for your loss.

What about the damage to the door that should add up as well.

Get some $$$ quotes and get your money!

Just my .02 raised to $500, if you need a receipt email me. :D

I must've misplaced my receipts.:rolleyes: I am sure that when I go back to the stereo shop that I bought the stuff at, they will have my receipts in their computers.:cool: I remember paying full retail and getting the 5 year extended warrantee.:D Plus it will definetely need a whole new door. :cool:
I am not mad at all for being robbed, cause like you guys said, i still have the car. Which that is really weird cause there are a lot of car theives out here. I even know a few.:mad:
That is what insurance is for I guess.

This is why I rarely even lock my vehicles. If they want something....take it, just dont wreck anything ELSE getting it out.

Exception: My TR. My radio is in a METAL bracket. Nothing else is visible. Theyre gonna really **** up my dash geting the radio out w/o tools.