Got a carb turbo torn apart and

Nice! Never realized it but those nissans are small! Can see how those would get fast.

Interested in machineing out my stock housing for the 87 turbo any time soon?

Awesome update! WOW already the whole underhood is looking good and your not even done.That birds nest of crazy wires is looking thin :D

you have it rebuilt yet? once its ready to go in yes i will get them done. If your ready i could do it end of next week i think

Yeah I need to get that done.

How do you actually do the machine work? I assume I use the 87 center section and both the backing plates and you machine the backing plate down to fit into the stock housing and the wheels too right?

Im lost when it comes to turbo interchanges. :biggrin:

Yeah, the wire situation is a lot better. I ended up having to change wiring harnesses due to the change of the interior harness for 81 to 85 dashes. A 81 3.8 engine harness wont plug into a 85 fuse box. Ended up working out. Took an extra day but it looks better.

YES! and don't forget most importantly a lot more SAFER.:cool: I didn't ever want to see the thread of how your Old's burned becuase of an electrical fire:eek:

Yeah, this engine takes quite a bit of hoses and wires to run but its worth it. The olds is happy.

picture849.jpg

Went from this
picture841.jpg

picture840.jpg

to this
picture846.jpg

picture847.jpg

picture851.jpg

I do it on my lathe, would have to open up the turbine housing for the bigger wheel, machine the stock carb compressor cover for the larger wheel, and do something with the backing plate. Might have to machine the carb backing plate for the bigger wheel and reassemble. If you want to just order a rebuild kit for a T3 i could tear it all apart and throw that in as well, wont be perfect but it will last a couple years at least

I really do wish my car looked as nice as yours but it will soon enough. Those wheels really do set everything off.

Yes they do, I admired the wheels earlier. The interior is super clean hell of an addition.

I do like the mesh wheels. They are a little ugly, they all have clear coat peeling, some of the argent paint is peeling, they dont shine up as much as I like but they are a matching set. Need to sand them down and re do them. My front right wheel has a bunch of pitting on it. They are MN wheels for sure. Still missing my 2 rear center caps though.

Ohh I forgot to mention, even just with F41 sway bars, new shocks, new tires, new front swaybar bushings and most of the braces out for the G bodies, the car handles good. Very little body roll and throws you to the door when you turn hard. Just need the rear seat brace. Have the Jounce bars, core support to fender, GP front bar, and of course the rear hitch tieing the rear rails together. I have a set of MC firewall to fender braces but they dont fit. Hit the stupid carb.

Gotta get around to getting new rear bushings in. When I smash it and go over a bump the rear feels all wierd.

Ill say it again, if I would get a 3.42 and a 200R4 in, and get the cam straigtened out, the car would be a handfull for sure.

IITSNOTAGN- Ill have to order a rebuild kit. Probably is going to be mid June before I get to it though. Just was wondering if your open this summer. Im going up north for a 2 weeks in the next month and ive got a bunch of little stuff I gotta do.

I was watching your youtube videos, I didnt know that Justin's eclipse was fast at all. Thought it just had a body kit and a loud muffler. I dont listen to anything I hear at school from people saying how fast that Goodijohns green probe is or how theyve heard that that Krause's 4dr honda had nitrous and ran away from the cops on a drug bust or something stupid like that. Most people think my Olds is just a nice beater that sounds really cool. I guess thats kinda what it is! :D

Well I havnt got much done lately. Burned myself out putting that interior in.

Bought a window washer pump for a alky setup. Gotta get the shocks for my trunk from mcmastercar so I might aswel order the nosels too. As far as a tank, I could steel one that I have laying around from my other cutlass. Steal one off a 93 Grand Prix, or order a nice new 1/2 gallon one from surplus center. Or use the inoperable window washer tank thats on it now.

Heres the switch I have for my PEVR. IT says it opens at 6 and closes at 3 inches, but I found out that at 4 inches it clicks on. Was going to use it to trigger the alky pump but thats way to low. Need to find a switch that goes on at like 5 PSI.

https://www.surpluscenter.com/item.asp?item=11-2344&catname=electric

Im happy to say that the V6 makes reliable transport though. (Knock on wood). Gets a solid 18 MPH with AC, and starts all the time. Get slight starter heat soak though.

Next is a nice exhaust, the flowmaster sounds nice, but it resonates so bad, and dumping the exhaust right under the passenger side seat is annoying.

Take a look at the PYPES system. Stainless and a really good price. Sevral members are using it and are very happy with it.

Thats what Ive been looking at. Plannning on ordering it with the Race Pros. Sounds like it is a guiet muffler at idle and gets a little louder under boost. Looks good and from what I read everyone likes it besides the rear pipes going to close to the rear axle. No biggy though for me. Just need to get around to ordering it.

I've decided on making my own 3" single. Don't think it'll be that hard but we'll see when I get to it.