Goodyear Eagle SS Drag Radials

trymegt,i'm sure riding on those will be easier than on slicks if you decide to get lazy;) the mt are still on backorder unless you have a non popular size:frown:

They Hooked

BG was the first time I got the car on the track this year and with the Eagle Drag Radials. They hooked fairly well. I didn't launch too hard but they did as well as my run last fall with a set of MT ET Streets. Had low 1.6 sixty foots. Realized that low air presssure is not the key for DR. The more I dropped the air pressure, the worse they got. Settled on 20psi for now. I am gonna test n tune this weekend at a local track so I will see how much boost they can hold on a launch and see what short times I can get. I was pleased for the first time on them. I saw another guy running them too but was not able to find him to see how they worked for him. I believe he had P275/60, I have the P275/50. The 26" tire took a little off my MPH compared to a 28" but the times were almost identical and every one of my runs trapped 110.xxmph.

Bringing this post back from the dead....has anybody else tried running the Goodyear drag radials? I know that MT are far and away the most beloved tire on this site but want to see what sucess if any, people have had with the goodyear. They weigh 7.3lbs less than the MT per tire.

Here is the info for the MT et street drag radials in 275/60/15
Tire Compound: R2
Tire Overall Diameter: 28.0''
Average Roll Out/
Circumference: 87''
Tire Tread Width: 9.5''
Tire Section Width: 11.0''
Wheel Diameter: 15''
Spec Wheel Width: 8.0''
Approved Wheel Widths: 7.5-9.5''
Tire Weight: 33.0 lbs

Here is the info for the goodyears -
GoodYear #478-D4305
P275/60R-15 Drag Radial
Tread: 8.5"
Section Width: 11.20"
Diameter: 28.0"
Suggested Rim: 8"
Weight: 25.7Lbs

This tire is now completely different from the tire that was out when this thread was first started. I spoke with the Engineer who worked on the re-design of this tire in December at the PRI show. He said that the latest tire is far better than the original design. I am hoping to try them out later this year.

Scott