GOOD YEAR GATORBACK/DRY ROTTED?? 110MPH

GNX 120

For all you sticklers that say it's not safe to drive on 25 year old dry rotted tires hear is proof they hold out just as good as a new tire right down to the cords. I put two to three sets of gatorback tires on each year and have never had any issues, from burnouts to 110 120 mph only when they are past the cords then we have problems.!!

Attachments

• JUNKS.jpg
    JUNKS.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 173
  • JUNKS 005.jpg
    JUNKS 005.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 171
  • JUNKS 006.jpg
    JUNKS 006.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 173
  • JUNKS 007.jpg
    JUNKS 007.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 164
  • JUNKS 008.jpg
    JUNKS 008.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 171
  • JUNKS 009.jpg
    JUNKS 009.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 162
  • JUNKS 010.jpg
    JUNKS 010.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 165
  • JUNKS 001.jpg
    JUNKS 001.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 163
  • JUNKS 002.jpg
    JUNKS 002.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 158
  • JUNKS 003.jpg
    JUNKS 003.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 164
Good luck with that.......you wouldn't mind if I take out a life insurance policy on you would ya......I mean this is the kind of stuff I did at 15/16 yrs. old. Just sayin. Of course I also used a beer can to shim the back of a spun bearing and jb weld on a crack between to cylinders and they both worked........for a while.

TAKING A HECK OF A CHANCE.. IF THE TIRE BLEW OUT,ACTUAL GNX RIMS ARE HARD TO FIND..BACK IN THE DAY I HAD A SET OF ORIG EAGLE GT TIRES THAT WERE ABOUT 1-2 TREAD.. I GAVE THEM TO MY COUSIN (THEY WERE DRY ROTTED) HE PUT THEM ON HIS NOVA,LASTED A FEW DAYS...BLEW OUT,CORDS SEPARATED...I FELT BAD AS I DID NOT REALIZE THAY WEE THAT DANGEROUS..

I have a set of rears for sale. 7/32 tread left. Goood condition.they came off a 25,000 mike gnx.

$400 for the pair.pics available

I guess the question you have to ask yourself, Is the RISK worth the reward?
A car totaled in a ditch with no injuries is not worth saving a few pennies on some tires, let alone if you hurt yourself or someone else in the process. Just my two cents.....

I want to see a video of a sustained 3rd gear pull at 6 thousand rpm to be sure the tires can handle it. Also, run slick 50 and then drain the oil and see if it really does protect running no oil after a dose. Your our darwin....uhh i mean destructive tester.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Better you than me! Some people get lucky some dont. Ever seen cars or trucks with crushed quarter panels or torn up fenders from blowouts at high speeds?

I understand keeping old tires with good tread for originality but not driving around on them at the speeds you mentioned.