Good Friend And Buick Lover Passes Away Suddenly

BobbyBuick

I didnt know where of when to post but I got to thinking I would want my Buick Buds to know if anything happened to me.
I got a disturbing call today from Patti Bontrager that Terry Dinwiddie of Bowling Greene KY passed away suddenly this morning after suffering whats thought to be a heart attack.He was 44.Terry was a good friend that I met in 1998 and he always hooked up with our Group every year.He also helped the G S C A all the time with things in BG .Over the Years Patti has become a good friend also as he brought her everywhere and my wife was always with me .our Prayers go out to the family and to Patti

my prayers are with his family

I have heard of Terry, never met him, but hope he is in a better place.
peace be with you .

cruzn57

Very sorry to hear this! I corresponded with him on this board and through email some. His user name here was "graphic". I never met him but I know he would go out of his way to help others. He had asked for help for a guy in my area who was new without internet access who had powermaster problems. Terry happened to be in this area on a work assignment and had spotted the guy's TR. I helped the guy out Terry had pointed me too, and this fellow (not Terry) left state without returning my NOS accumulator ball I had loaned him to keep the car on the road. Terry called and talked with the guy several times which eventualy helped me get my part back in about a 2 yr period. Godspeed Terry and prayers to his family and friends. Thanks for posting this Bobby. Hope to meet him again one day in a better place.

pic

Attachments

• terrypatti.jpg
    terrypatti.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 706
Thank you!

I just wanted to say thank you! I'm just now seeing this and it really means a lot to me. Terry was my dad! Again thanks so much!

Thank you for responding and the friend request we will have to help get that GN back on the track... you can call me anytime if you want to talk

Sorry to hear on his passing. My condolences go out to his family and friends.

Steve

GN Girl - My sincerest condolences to you and your family. I never knew Terry, but he was a Turbo Buick brother and I'm sure he was a cool guy as well.

Thank you! Help will be much needed! I have a long way to go on it but I did get it back and running 2 years ago and have been able to keep it running. I really want to race it! Email me your number or something if you don't mind. The guys I race with know nothing about turbo cars, or the computer in it..

Sorry for your loss, GN Girl. It's really cool of you to carry on the hobby that he enjoyed. My best to you and your family.

Peter

For the record this thread is over 4 years old Terrys Daughter just saw it for the first time last night

There are several TR owners here in BG. If we can be of any assistance, let me know. I'm sure that the others would be happy to help as well.

Welcome GN Girl! I got your friend request and it was very much honored. Glad that you are here. I knew I knew that last name from somewhere. Glad that you are part of your Dad's legacy and his car. He really went out of his way for that local guy when he was in Macon years ago on that work assignment. Your Dad and I talked and emailed and I was able to help the
3rd party out. For the record, I was able to get back my brake accumulator which your Dad was very concerned and worried about for me too. I could tell he was such a caring, compassionate person- I'm sure you have alot of your Dad in you too.

Welcome GN Girl! I got your friend request and it was very much honored. Glad that you are here. I knew I knew that last name from somewhere. Glad that you are part of your Dad's legacy and his car. He really went out of his way for that local guy when he was in Macon years ago on that work assignment. Your Dad and I talked and emailed and I was able to help the
3rd party out. For the record, I was able to get back my brake accumulator which your Dad was very concerned and worried about for me too. I could tell he was such a caring, compassionate person- I'm sure you have alot of your Dad in you too.
It took me a few years to find the site I couldn't even remember the name of it and some how I found it! I'm very much like my dad, my mom doesn't always enjoy that so much! ha
I remember his many of trips he took to Macon, I'm glad he help!
Thank you for the friendly welcome!

GN Girl, I didn't know he was your Dad....I'm so sorry to hear of his passing. May you find peace and love in your heart knowing he's smiling down on you right now as you're doing such a great job with your Grand National. I sure hope I found the right words to say, forgive me if I didn't as I'm too sensitive in these type of things.

God bless you and your family. And glad you're showing us guys a thing or two when it comes to these cars. We all love you.

Bruce '87 Grand National

GN Girl, I didn't know he was your Dad....I'm so sorry to hear of his passing. May you find peace and love in your heart knowing he's smiling down on you right now as you're doing such a great job with your Grand National. I sure hope I found the right words to say, forgive me if I didn't as I'm too sensitive in these type of things.

God bless you and your family. And glad you're showing us guys a thing or two when it comes to these cars. We all love you.

Bruce '87 Grand National
Thank you! I actually feel like he's there every weekend when I'm racing... It's great to speak with people that knew him!
Thank you again!