Going With Nos Need Your Help

Boost231

What's An Intercooler
Staff member
Ok well im going to be puting NOS on my hot-air 84 T-type and i need some help. What all do i need to make the basic kit. i need to know everything. where to put the nozzle what nozzle to buy and what not. i want a 50 shot of nos. other question is what do i need for a chip. can i call joe lubrant and tell him im going to be running a 50 shot of nos with 40 lb inj. and he will burn me a chip? also what kind of nos system are u guys running fuel also or just straite nos. all info that u have would be great thanx all

brent going for mid 11's

Contact Terry Penner... I left his e-mail data on another post. He is the only "Hot-Air" owner out there successfully using nitrous.

It is worth more than 50 horsepower to the "Hot-Air" owner. That 50 horsepower shot is worth 80 or more. :) Intercooling in a bottle.

Use a NOS nozzle and plumb it into the turbo/intake adapter. I would use a wet shot and run it of the fuel rail - get a brass T to tap into that mounts at the end of the fuel rail near the fuel pressure regulator. A dry setup would probably work as well - not sure what the jetting would be... but you'd have to raise your fuel pressure to compensate.

I will have pics of my intercooled set up soon... dual stage Compucar system. It arrived via UPS the other day :) Can't wait to install it. I'm going to use 75 horses :)

Louie

re:

Be sure to follow the timing retard rule too. For now the best info we have is ~ 2 deg retard per every 50 hp. This assuming you have it timed well with no n2o to begin with.

I'd say size it all for more capability than a 50 shot too- you'll probably want more in no time ;-)

TurboTR

I will like to know too, I did e-mail Terry Penner but got no replies back, I got in on my 84T-Type can't get the correct Jets for it, and get it gain any performance.