Going, Going, Gone...

83turbomon

Starvin Like Marvin...
Finally got my check!!!! Got about 1900$ to play around with for the car. And at this point I see myself having a few options

Option A: Have a Lil Fun Before Yanking the engine and getting It Rebuilt

Option B: Use that money and finance a cheap car to try to build some credit

Option C: (as advised from another B4B Member Invest in an IC Car:eek:)

Option D: Just sit on it.

Im realling leaning towards getting it rebuilt. I wanted to ask you what steps I should take, What should I Do first to the engine? Invest in the proper parts, cam, detonation control? While getting the engine rebuilt. What Should I get done and machined in the process? This thread is for everyones 2cents and advice. The engine should be coming out within the next two weeks at the max. I want to be frugal, yet efficent as possible. The builder said he want to try to get me 300 horsepower after I told him what type Of engine I have.

Soo feel free to chime in. First engine Ive ever gotten rebuilt.
(still have a 350 trans:( looking for a 200 If I can get the time)

Locate a 1982-84 4.1 V6 engine. If you are going through the hassle of pulling the motor and reinstalling it later, might as well get some more cubic inches out of it.

There are budget rebuild recipes around. Or if it's in good shape, just change the rings & bearings and go with it. Port the heads.

Ill definetley take a look. buick parts are hard to come by that are in good shape or are not already beat up or no good. Lots of vinyl top cars out here for some reason. Ill see what I can find in the Junkyard definetley though.