go BIG or go home!

Turbo Indian

worlds quickest 6cyl bird
I needed to upgrade my intercooler so I made my own. I could have used a Buick one, but I would have to cut the lower valance panel to route the piping. special thanx goes out to Jason Cramer, Cal Hartline, Lonnie Diers, & Jack Cotton for the technical advice on this one off piece. it is NOT a straight blow through design as most are thinking. there is a manifold in the inlet side of the end tank to "hopefully" distribute the air flow to maximize the heat distribution, the only way to determine if it works correctly is when we get it to the dyno & check the temperature in several places. but I am optimistic that is is going to work. the core is a Garrett core, 12 3/4" x 28" x 5" thick, with 4" in & out. the only downfall to it that I have found so far, is that the entire front nose needs to be removed for the install & removal. yes it still needs to be cleaned before the final installation.

Attachments

• HPIM0885.jpg
    HPIM0885.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 852
thats awesome!!!!!!:eek:

But I think if I was gonna go throught that much work i would have gone air to water instead.

A.j.

RPE is building us a new TA motor as we speak.

I seriously thought about it, but the reason I did not, is there is no way in heck I was going to cut a hole in my firewall.

Ah! thats kool, I can totally dig that. That air to air looks awesome though! Probably kool a battleship.

A.j,

well it took some doing, but I finally got it installed. the only way to remove it is the entire front of the car must come off. I also had to cut the plug off the high beams & use 90* plugs on them. all in all I think it came out nice.

Attachments

• HPIM0907.jpg
    HPIM0907.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 642
  • HPIM0909.jpg
    HPIM0909.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 655
  • HPIM0910 (2).jpg
    HPIM0910 (2).jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 640
Wow!!! That came out nice. Now hurry up and finish it. BG is just a few weeks away.

no more pics. because our computer crashed, as for the weight it weighs 37.5#'s, & the temps are dropping from around 115*+ to high 80's to low 90's.

I have not installed my intercooler on my Camaro yet,but it's actually bigger than the radiator. No factory hood latch on mine,no room.LOL

Nice work BTW.
That's 3750 lbs? Seems pretty heavy.

I know Firebirds are heavier than Camaros,but,how much does your stage 2 engine weigh?

You have a lot of cage also?:cool: