GNX Wheels

Hofman

Need help locating some good GNX style wheels. 16 x 8 preferred, willing to go 17 but nothing looks that close. G body seems like a nice place, any other options?

head to all the local boneyards and see if they have any sets of GTA wheels laying around.
get 4 fronts and you are set.

Try the "Wheel Collision Center", it's on the internet. Front GTA wheels are about $240 each. They may have four in stock, or it may take some time.

Call Brian at G-body auto parts (717-359-9692) . He can get you BRAND NEW GNX/GTA rims for $275 each (plus core $$ if you don't have any) made with the correct offset and I don't think you can beat that deal!!!

I have a nice set of ekeis they awsome and I have pictures they have caps and have been painted and powdercoated lug nuts

Johnny

let me know

Brian's wheels may be a deal if you want a special width or offset, but he charges $150 core charge. So, if you don't have the wheels, the total of $425 per wheel. I think they are "rebuilt" not brand new, but the ones from Wheel Collision are going to cost about $800 dollars less, for four, in the standard GTA front, which is zero offset. I like the look, but afer checking around, I decided to stay with my T wheels for at least one more set of tires.

i'v bought 3 sets of GTA wheels over the years, and the most expensive set cost me $200- and it was only so much because they had almost new Kumho tires on them. i got one set for $125 that had worn out rubber, and $75 for a set that had 2 tires missing and no center caps.
these were all complete sets of 2 fronts and 2 rears, but i've discovered that the rear rims that don't fit G bodies fit nice and look right on 77 and newer Caprices. so they aren't wasted or anything.
really now- why spend so much more $$$$ for something you can get dirt cheap? so what if they are the wrong color- that is why paint was invented.
maybe i need to start stocking up on them and selling them so i can quit my day job and stay at home all day.

Originally posted by novaderrik
i'v bought 3 sets of GTA wheels over the years, and the most expensive set cost me $200- and it was only so much because they had almost new Kumho tires on them. i got one set for $125 that had worn out rubber, and $75 for a set that had 2 tires missing and no center caps.
these were all complete sets of 2 fronts and 2 rears, but i've discovered that the rear rims that don't fit G bodies fit nice and look right on 77 and newer Caprices. so they aren't wasted or anything.
really now- why spend so much more $$$$ for something you can get dirt cheap? so what if they are the wrong color- that is why paint was invented.
maybe i need to start stocking up on them and selling them so i can quit my day job and stay at home all day.
-------------------------------------------------------
FWIW & IMHO:
Really now-If you can make a living off of this set-up, be my guest. Evidently you have very few expenses.

hey, if there are people out there willing to shell out $400 for an oem wheel, then i think selling used repainted wheels for $200 each when i can get all 4 of them for $100 or less if there are no tires on them, i'd call that a way to make a start at a decent living. helll, maybe i could charge $25 a wheel to get out the impact wrench and put them on for them, too, because i'm such a nice guy.
capitalism- gotta love it.

Originally posted by Hofman
Need help locating some good GNX style wheels. 16 x 8 preferred, willing to go 17 but nothing looks that close. G body seems like a nice place, any other options?

Welcome to the board!:D

I looked around, and didn't see all the $100 wheels that are hanging off the trees. The 15" wheels are more plentiful, and cheaper, but the 16" wheels were not that common, and are not that cheap, even on e-bay. The fronts will fit, without spacers, but the 235-60/15 tires on my 15" wheels sometimes hit the inner fender, and I figured if I went to 245-50/16, like the GNX, I would have more interference, if I tried to use them without spacers. So I just bought new tires for my 15" wheels.