Gnx turbo found

autodynamics

I was lucky enough to stumble across this from a owner gnx that removed it from a very low mileage car to upgrade the turbo,

4b23b39f.jpg

056f0236.jpg

dc567220.jpg

Impeller is ceramic and there is no play

What's it worth?

I recall that GM was asking something like $6000 when they were new in 87.
On rare occassion in the past few years a NOS GNX turbo would show on eBay and end in the range of $2500 -$3000 but like everything else, it depends on how many desperate bidders are involved. If you are really interested in selling, list it with a very high buy it now and the make offer option.

I was lucky enough to stumble across this from a owner gnx that removed it from a very low mileage car to upgrade the turbo,

Facts I know came off of gnx 143,

4b23b39f.jpg

056f0236.jpg

dc567220.jpg

Impeller is ceramic and there is no play

What's it worth?
ID tag location on turbo! pic

Attachments

• Picture 4402.jpg
    Picture 4402.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 240
  • Picture 4403.jpg
    Picture 4403.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 226
turbo nasty said:
Very rare piece......Its worth a few thousand easy.

I've got one I'll sell you for $2k.

GNX243 said:
I recall that GM was asking something like $6000 when they were new in 87.
On rare occassion in the past few years a NOS GNX turbo would show on eBay and end in the range of $2500 -$3000 but like everything else, it depends on how many desperate bidders are involved. If you are really interested in selling, list it with a very high buy it now and the make offer option.

GM never sold these anywhere near that price and if you received a GM unit it would not have the id tag that is unique to the car it came from. Later gnx replacement turbos came with stock turbines and stock ex housing. Kirban sold a lot of NOS gnx turbos in the early 90's. Maybe he will chime jn here. These don't pull what they did about 10 years ago for some reason. I wish they did.

The one in this thread definitely is a very low mileage take off that is nearly new in condition.

The one in this thread definitely is a very low mileage take off that is nearly new in condition.

btw it does have the ID tag still on it, from that is there a way to tell what car it came off of? there are a bunch of numbers

autodynamics said:
btw it does have the ID tag still on it, from that is there a way to tell what car it came off of? there are a bunch of numbers

Yes. Ill post later from my laptop. Sitting in traffic on my phone at this time.

Awesome
I would love to see if the current Owner has any interest
Either way there can't be too many of these out there floating around especially low mileage and original to the Gnx
Not a nos one that doesn't have a ceramic impeller

autodynamics said:
Awesome
I would love to see if the current Owner has any interest
Either way there can't be too many of these out there floating around especially low mileage and original to the Gnx
Not a nos one that doesn't have a ceramic impeller

I have an NOS ceramic turbine also

GM never sold these anywhere near that price and if you received a GM unit it would not have the id tag that is unique to the car it came from. Later gnx replacement turbos came with stock turbines and stock ex housing. Kirban sold a lot of NOS gnx turbos in the early 90's. Maybe he will chime jn here. These don't pull what they did about 10 years ago for some reason. I wish they did.
Dennis sold a number of GNX turbos. I believe most sold for $1000. I purchased the last one for $2000 + tax (accutally i'm not exactly sure of the price as it was 20 years ago...i'll have to find my check). It does have a tag and I sent the info to Doug Nigro as he is keeping a record.

I there a way to deciefer the numbers on the turbo?
If you can give me the numbers off the tag I can tell you what vehicle it came from.... if it is the original off the car.....