GNX style dash

I'm in the market for one as well. Not much luck on this board though. I posted the same question several weeks ago. I don't think there are many available. Have you looked at the one at postonbuick.com? I'm going to mail them and see if I can get some more infomation and pictures.

I saw the one at poston buick. The Picture they have of it the material used to make up the surround looks like cheep plastic. I had one in my old Gn that I got in 1988 that looked better.

Jack

I am very happy with my dash from Tom Houser, I think he was at gnxdash.com, but it look like that is gone.

I do have one sitting around. Llet me see if I can dig it out. I will let you guys know.

Prasad

I have plans to build one, as close to GNX as possible in style but I will center the big gauges, like the SS-6 style that is no longer made, and leave the 2 sets of idiot lights but move them outward. I purchased some clear lexan in .030, and I'm going to make a applique with the gauge holes cut individually. There'll be another ugly gauge mounting plate that holds them, but it won't be seen. I bought 3 1/8 and 2 1/16 drills from a local hardware, and I want to use VDO vision series. For the tubes needed so I can tilt the gauges to the right angle for the driver I'm going to use the long black transmission funnels with a long gradual cone, and try to make it all blend together. So the holes in the lexan face would need ovaled slightly since the gauges will be tilted up. I hate to hack up the mount and faceplate, maybe I'll get another.

I've been thinking about how to bond the idiot light filters to the back of the lexan, instead of the rectangles cut out on both sides. And how to paint it and not bleed paint between the filters and the lexan, or how to come up with new filters in the GNX font. Still thinking.

I have plans to build one, as close to GNX as possible in style but I will center the big gauges, like the SS-6 style that is no longer made, and leave the 2 sets of idiot lights but move them outward. I purchased some clear lexan in .030, and I'm going to make a applique with the gauge holes cut individually. There'll be another ugly gauge mounting plate that holds them, but it won't be seen. I bought 3 1/8 and 2 1/16 drills from a local hardware, and I want to use VDO vision series. For the tubes needed so I can tilt the gauges to the right angle for the driver I'm going to use the long black transmission funnels with a long gradual cone, and try to make it all blend together. So the holes in the lexan face would need ovaled slightly since the gauges will be tilted up. I hate to hack up the mount and faceplate, maybe I'll get another.

I've been thinking about how to bond the idiot light filters to the back of the lexan, instead of the rectangles cut out on both sides. And how to paint it and not bleed paint between the filters and the lexan, or how to come up with new filters in the GNX font. Still thinking.

Any updates Brian ??

Yeah, I'm interested in knowing if you've managed to produce what you're talking about? I'm also interested in a GNX-style dash as you've described i.e. applique with cutouts and funnels to the gauges.