GNX princess story.

It's home!

Picked up the car today & took about two hours to dig it out of the corner where it was buried. Took some pictures to show later. i can't believe that I finally was able to get the guy to sell it. Took two years of pestering till he gave in.

Picked up the car today & took about two hours to dig it out of the corner where it was buried. Took some pictures to show later. i can't believe that I finally was able to get the guy to sell it. Took two years of pestering till he gave in.

Lou, I can't believe this GNX still has the new car smell. :eek: You have done a fine job finding this one wow! ;)

Waiting for the pics. I hope you got some while it was still buried.
Congatulations, Mark E.

Stainless Exhaust

Lou,
Spoke to Pete and he spoke with Rich Clark who is looking into producing the exhaust (Rich Clark is the person who reproduced the GNX suspension). May be a question as to production numbers and costs. Pete will be getting back to you.
I also understand the Y pipe after the cat... what the GNX parts manual calls a "crossover" pipe... has a different p/n (p/n12332904) than the GN Y pipe (p/n 25525383) . It appears these two Y pipes may be different but not sure.
Rich

I have a new-car takeoff GNX exhaust in one piece hanging on my garage wall. The "crossover" (really a "Y") pipe is definitely different than my original 87 TR. On the GNX it flares asymmetrically on the passenger side before entry into the muffler, on the T (and GN by logic) it is almost symmetrical from the branch all the way back.

Will be be glad to supply measurements or P/N's if needed.

Here you guys go. ;)
100_0525.jpg

100_0519.jpg

100_0522.jpg

100_0521.jpg

100_0520.jpg

100_0524.jpg

I have a new-car takeoff GNX exhaust in one piece hanging on my garage wall. The "crossover" (really a "Y") pipe is definitely different than my original 87 TR. On the GNX it flares asymmetrically on the passenger side before entry into the muffler, on the T (and GN by logic) it is almost symmetrical from the branch all the way back.

Will be be glad to supply measurements or P/N's if needed.
Doug I PM'd you I'm definitely interested in that exhaust system can't drive the car without it. let me know what it will take. Pictures would be nice Lou

whats the story on the corvette?

you know me, always looking...........:biggrin:

Wow congrats, nice find!

Why are there spare tires on the front? Who are the guys in the photo?

Wow congrats, nice find!

Why are there spare tires on the front? Who are the guys in the photo?

The guy in black is me and the guy in the shirt & tie is a friend of the guy Lou bought the car from. The spare tires are on the car because this guy was in the process of doing a 4 wheel Bear Disk Brake conversion and the stock wheels didn't fit. Thank God Lou rescued this 12k mile GNX from any other mods he had in mind. Brakes are going back to stock. ;)