GNX princess story.

Doug I PM'd you I'm definitely interested in that exhaust system can't drive the car without it. let me know what it will take. Pictures would be nice Lou

Speaking of "princess stories".

Lou, I was driving by a house about a quarter mile from mine here. Saw a GNX backed out of the garage and decided stop by and say "hi".

You'll never guess who this particular GNX used to belong to!!! :eek: Talk about a small world!

You Southern KA guys remember Fred Avery, right? It was his!!

Speaking of "princess stories".

Lou, I was driving by a house about a quarter mile from mine here. Saw a GNX backed out of the garage and decided stop by and say "hi".

You'll never guess who this particular GNX used to belong to!!! :eek: Talk about a small world!

You Southern KA guys remember Fred Avery, right? It was his!!
Yeah Dave, I didn't know Fred sold it. He e-mails me jokes all the time. I'll have to get the story on that. This Buick community although small nothing much gets by it's members.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
now i'm really interested!!!!!!!!
Lee if your interested in a ZR-1 my friend has two that have been in storage Red 90 & green 91 could be had for a good price. They have been in storage probably for about eight years. Both have perf upgrades. Let me know.

can you provide a an idea

Lee if your interested in a ZR-1 my friend has two that have been in storage Red 90 & green 91 could be had for a good price. They have been in storage probably for about eight years. Both have perf upgrades. Let me know.

as to what was done to each car?
I'll call ya monday and talk,
thanks

as to what was done to each car?
I'll call ya monday and talk,
thanks
All I know is that he spent a lot of money with this Corvette shop. Cams,head work,headers & flowmaster cat back,ram air system. The guy Cliff is a good friend but not a gear head & doesn't understand mechanical at all. He asked me to find a buyer & comes with extra parts.

this is getting better all the time,

I'm interested, always need 5 or 10 new projects! LOL

pics of my take off exhaust

here it is, in good shape, just a little dirty from the leaky rear main i had (before the #5 main let go) pipes appear to be 2 1/4, pics exceed max width here, whats your email? ill email them to you

buickbert

Great find!

Only way it could have been better is if it had been in a "barn" owned by a "little old lady"! Congrats.

glad you got the GNX Lou, i know how much you have been wanting to purchase it from that owner for a LONG time.. congrads :)

It's Alive!

Took less than a week to get the car back together fired up & drove it down the street.I had help from Brent who goes by underboost here.The last owner started to take the car apart & put baer disc brakes,ATR headers & several other so called upgrades to this rare car. That is all now back to stock. Thankfully most of the original parts came with the deal.The orginal cat back is long gone & still trying to find an exhaust system. Hoping something will turn up.Next it goes to the body shop for color sand & buff.

Lou,

Congrats! Got your message; will call you later today regarding the exhaust.

100_0529.jpg

The guy in the black shirt.

I want to make the sexy time in "anoose."

;) notrly

Nice car, I am sure you are thrilled!

Lou,

Congrats! Got your message; will call you later today regarding the exhaust.
Doug it was nice talking to you the other day & we seem to share the same enthusiasm with these cars. Send me that application when you get a chance. On the exhaust issue combined with the ATR pieces that came with the car & a Y pipe from a GN hooker system with some ingenuity & pieces of mandrel bent tubing I was able to come up with an acceptable system. I'm quite pleased with the results & maybe post some under car pictures of it later. Monday it goes to the body shop for color sand & buff & after that a headliner. It's funny but the headliner was intact till it seen some fresh air with the doors & window open. It was like a sealed vault from sitting all those years closed up. Kinda like unearthing king Tut's tomb.Lets hope it doesn't posses any curse's lol

Great save!

What happened to the bumper fillers? My GN is stored and the fillers do this too. I've tried to clean and wax them but after the car sits a while, they get cloudy again. Any idea what causes this and how I can fix it?