GNX Jackets

brewster58

GNX #418
Does anyont know if all the GNX jackets had the car numbers on them I have seen both styles. Just trying to find out which one or both are correct.

Thanks
87 GNX 418

GNX Jackets...

Based on what I have read from information I have and been told by several original GNX owners with cars with mileage under still 500 miles :eek: the owner that was on file or name and address provided by Buick to Molly Designs would have had a letter with a return envelope and card sent to them for the respective GNX jacket size for the Buick GNX that they 'just' purchased and I believe it was possible to have Molly embroider the number on the jacket if you requested BUT alot of owners just took receipt of the jackets and had their number embroidered afterwards usually by a local shop or supplier.

To my knowledge I believe a good majority of the jackets came WITHOUT the embroidered number.

I know the answer is there a prize?

You could have requested your number on the jacket at the time...all done thru Molly that ran the Buick clothing line.

Years ago I bought up all the remaining GNX jackets from Molly mostly where small sizes. The key thing with Mollys clothing line is they have his label in it. I also bought up all the unclaimed numbered GNX books roughly 100 were never claimed of the 547.

I think way back when we were selling the small GNX jackets for like $35 or $50 each....

denniskirban@yahoo.com

I was kidding about the prize...

I know the answer is there a prize?

You could have requested your number on the jacket at the time...all done thru Molly that ran the Buick clothing line.

Years ago I bought up all the remaining GNX jackets from Molly mostly where small sizes. The key thing with Mollys clothing line is they have his label in it. I also bought up all the unclaimed numbered GNX books roughly 100 were never claimed of the 547.

I think way back when we were selling the small GNX jackets for like $35 or $50 each....

denniskirban@yahoo.com

I was kidding about the prize...

Dennis- I bought one of those Molly jackets on ebay for $45. I think it was from you or Pete, but it was just the Molly, not the gnx version. It is a small. There was no reserve on that auction. The next one on Ebay had a reserve price of $45. I'm not sure what it sold for. At the time, my daughter was like 10 years old and could fit into it. I wanted to take a pic of her wearing it but she thought it was "dorky" or something and wouldn't put it on. 5years later she wanted to wear it and I told her no, it's too valuable! I also bought on ebay the Molly sweater and cap, both still in your plastic bag.

Dennis- I bought one of those Molly jackets on ebay for $45. I think it was from you or Pete, but it was just the Molly, not the gnx version. It is a small. There was no reserve on that auction. The next one on Ebay had a reserve price of $45. I'm not sure what it sold for. At the time, my daughter was like 10 years old and could fit into it. I wanted to take a pic of her wearing it but she thought it was "dorky" or something and wouldn't put it on. 5years later she wanted to wear it and I told her no, it's too valuable! I also bought on ebay the Molly sweater and cap, both still in your plastic bag.

Maybe I should get a mannican, like from a clothes store, and dress him up in GN stuff and place him next to my car at shows. Or maybe in the drivers seat? Anybody think this is a good idea?