Gnx guage package

BILL HAINES

R.C ENTOURAGE
I'm ready to install the gnx guage assembly. Does anybody know there i can purchase a 30 lb boost guage(stewart warner)????thanks

GNX Gauge Package Install

Hey Bill,

If you don't mind me asking, can you tell me where you purchased your "GNX" Gauge Package from? Did you purchase it recently?

Any pics?

Thanks,

dave

Dash

I purchased the dash assy at paul's world of motorworks. I know that there have been some issues with these assys,mostly no exact directions printed for the install. The guy who did the project(paul) has had some health issues and could not be reached for a period of time,some guys on this board were pssed due to the lack of directions and or procedures of install. Turns out the assembly is the same fit as the actual gnx, but the wiring is much better(john at caspers) john is completing directions on the install,i've kinda been holding off but i want to get started as spring is near in western pa.

GNX Dash Install

I purchased the dash assy at paul's world of motorworks. I know that there have been some issues with these assys,mostly no exact directions printed for the install. The guy who did the project(paul) has had some health issues and could not be reached for a period of time,some guys on this board were pssed due to the lack of directions and or procedures of install. Turns out the assembly is the same fit as the actual gnx, but the wiring is much better(john at caspers) john is completing directions on the install,i've kinda been holding off but i want to get started as spring is near in western pa.

Cool :cool:

It's a bit of a project. When did you purchase your GNX Dash & Gauges from Paul's World of Motorworks?

They used to have some ASC shop drwgs of the GNX Installation with templates. Did you get this from Paul Castle? It will help you with your installation & makes things much easier.

dave

Purchased a year ago

Yes, paul sold it to me, i do have all the info that he gave me with the unit.. I actually talked to paul a few yrs ago at richard clark's open house when paul had a proto-type of the dash,richard had a cluster assy from a gnx and we compared them,this is where the wiring harness idea was born. John spina ,owner of caspers,inspected the assy and also came up with a plug that is 100 times better than asc. (john is the best in the business).i hear that john has paul's gnx at his new bld, i believe they are working on some install directions(probably will improve paul's orig. Car)

Gnx gauge setup

If anyone is interested I have setup for sale. FOR SALE IS ONE 1987 BUICK GNX/ASC SPEEDO ASSEMBLY GAUGE CLUSTER, THIS SETUP COMES WITH NOS GNX GAUGE MOUNTING PLATE, NOS GNX BOOST GAUGE, OE TYPE SPEEDO AND TACH, ALL OTHER GAUGES ARE AS CLOSE TO THE ORIGINAL AS POSSIBLE. NEW GNX APPLIQUE AND GAUGE BEZEL, SPEEDO CABLE, AND SENSORS, ALSO COMES WITH HEAT AND AC DUCT WITH TUBE FOR SPEEDO CABLE TO RUN THROUGH AND OEM GN GAUGE BEZEL WITH GNX APPLIQUE MOUNTED$1599 ONLY ITEM YOU SHOULD NEED TO COMPLETE IS WIRING THAT CAN BE PURCHASED AT CASPERS PART#108180 GNX CONVERSION HARNESS ANILOG ONLY FOR $249 OR YOU CAN BUY FOR DIGITAL DASH CARS ALSO FOR SAME PRICE. ANY QUESTIONS CALL #774 696 3585 KERRY

Thanks xxquick6xx

Thanks for websight,but they will not sell to a common person, you have to purchase at a sw dealer, the lady gave me a ph # of one of their approved dealers,turns out the dealer has not sold any sw items in the last 3 years... Back to the drawing board..

SW part #

82321--should be a 2-30 psi boost gage. You should be able to Google SW distributors and find someone with that part. Try Summit--Try Speedway Motors--they both handle SW gages. Summit doesn't stock everuthing but when I was battling the install I ordered from Summit and they were here in about 7 days. Best of luck. Hopefully Paul will get some instructions printed.

+1 with summit they can order from sw and ask them to have sw drop ship it to you. I have done that with a few items they don't stock.

Steve

Part number

82321--should be a 2-30 psi boost gage. You should be able to google sw distributors and find someone with that part. Try summit--try speedway motors--they both handle sw gages. Summit doesn't stock everuthing but when i was battling the install i ordered from summit and they were here in about 7 days. Best of luck. Hopefully paul will get some instructions printed.

did you indeed install this (82321) and does this one have the vac-boost, similar the the one asc used?(but 30 psi boost) reason is that i looked on sw web and they show a 30 psi gage that the part # is 119916... I just want to make sure i get the correct one.... Thanks..

Car is long gone from here

did you indeed install this (82321) and does this one have the vac-boost, similar the the one asc used?(but 30 psi boost) reason is that i looked on sw web and they show a 30 psi gage that the part # is 119916... I just want to make sure i get the correct one.... Thanks..

Yes, I believe that to be the one I installed. No vacumn--just 2-30 psi.
Under product line --go to Deluxe--they show it there. Best I can do.---Lee