GNX dash alternative

Are Y"all smoking somthing,,, Just buy some gauges look up BuickGN Boosted for his website and have him make a panel for you,, and install the thing ,,Bent6 did not just reinvent the wheel :cool: :cool: :rolleyes:

BandAid said:
Are Y"all smoking somthing,,, Just buy some gauges look up BuickGN Boosted for his website and have him make a panel for you,, and install the thing ,,Bent6 did not just reinvent the wheel :cool: :cool: :rolleyes:

You think it's that easy huh? What are YOU smokin!?!? :confused:

HYBRIDT said:
You'll need a "charge" light and it needs to be a bulb not an LED. The alternator won't charge without it. I'm not sure that a gauge lets the correct amount of bleed through to the alternator. That being said Radio Shack has some small incandesent (SP) bulbs with covers that look pretty good and aren't huge. Looks good though. I always like seeing another option. If you've all ready used the gauge and the alternator charges then ignore my previous statement. :)

Adam
The alternator bulb can be replaced with a 400 ohm wire-wound resistor(what I did on my full gauge dash). I replaced all the idiot lights with LEDs hidden behind a sheet of smoked lexan so they don't appear until lit. The warning LEDs(oil, volts, temp, brake, all but bright lights) are flashers, just in case I'm not paying attention to the gauges at the moment. By the way: that's a nice looking dash. I wish I had the motivation and time to provide aftermarket dashes to our crowd.

That is exactly the setup i am getting ready to build myself. You did nice job on it. I just bought all my gauges for it. Would you be interested in selling me 2 of the plates??? I can see were you could easily have way more than $750.00 in the project without labor. I wanted all electric full sweep ultra-lite Autometers. Oil pressure and water temp are both $200.00 each. Thanks

More detailed pictures. :cool:

Attachments

• DSC01703 (2).JPG
    DSC01703 (2).JPG
    276.9 KB · Views: 2,763
  • DSC01711.JPG
    DSC01711.JPG
    282.1 KB · Views: 2,748
  • DSC01714.JPG
    DSC01714.JPG
    259.6 KB · Views: 2,742
John Wilde said:
Looks nce, what about the new project and race car??? :confused:

Thanks. It's nice to do a project outside of the race car arena from time to time.

Race car may be on hiatus for a while - got a new baby and all that goes with it! All I'm gonna say about the new project is that it will stand the Buick community on it's ear when completed!!! Although that may be a while! :redface:

Yes

I'm with you, wiring up the gauges is NOT the hard part. I'd just be interested in the panel, anodized like yours of course. I say bring it on and retire early.

Wiring wouldn't be bad if I had instructions. :wink: Definitely like the way it looks, great job!

Rodman, do you have any pics of your dash?

[QUOTE='87Turbo-T-AZ]

Rodman, do you have any pics of your dash?[/QUOTE]Yes- I do. Send your e-mail addy, and I'll forward them. ;)

FYI...don't mean to burst anyone's bubble but these folks have been around a while.

http://www.gnxdash.com

You say you have $750 into it. Plus your labor. I think that would put you at around the same price point as these guys.

I've always wanted one of these dashboards to get rid of all the add on tachs and pods and whatnot.

Why is your setup better than gnxdash.com? this is not a smart-ass question, just a question.

Looks great. I prefer your layout. IMHO, it would look even better if it had the white trim stripe around it the way the 3 panels below have them. Nice job!

DMan said:
FYI...don't mean to burst anyone's bubble but these folks have been around a while.

http://www.gnxdash.com

You say you have $750 into it. Plus your labor. I think that would put you at around the same price point as these guys.

I've always wanted one of these dashboards to get rid of all the add on tachs and pods and whatnot.

Why is your setup better than gnxdash.com? this is not a smart-ass question, just a question.

Like I said earlier, I did this for my personal street car. I never said my setup was better than what he offers. He makes a very nice dash panel setup. Matter of fact, I contacted him a couple of times over the past year or so to see if he would be interested in doing one like mine but never got any response. I can guarantee you if he did offer one like this it would be upwards of $1k. Mine is a 7-gauge layout plus it eliminates the idiot light clusters on both sides. This is just personal preference on my part. :biggrin:

Installed in car.

Attachments

• WPE Install 1 A.JPG
    WPE Install 1 A.JPG
    224.8 KB · Views: 2,648
  • WPE Install 2 A.JPG
    WPE Install 2 A.JPG
    272.3 KB · Views: 2,698