Gnx #443

oneshot

Bought this car and was wondering about the dash plate if its real or not. If i remember right the guy i bought it from did not know either it came with it when he bought it. Just wondering is all because i have not came across any relplica dash plates

http://www.360riders.com/gn8.jpg

thats what the id plate should look like ,

i have this pic of the dashboard of #443 in my files dated 8-14-04

I truely hope i am wrong-but 443 is the number of the fake dash plate i see the most.Maybe post some pics of the suspension,the dash,and the engine bay.I promise-after that---people will let you know what you got.

Geoff

Ghall may be right I want to say as well I think I've seen the dash plate for a #443 before as well on a car that I knew was a clone =/

About 10 years ago Dennis Kirban was offering blems and duplicate GNX numbers out of his newsletter. Seems he had a connection the the original supplier. IIRC You could really tell the difference on some of those as the quality sukked big time.

Hey at least you didn't buy GNX#548 :rolleyes:

:eek: WOW I hope mine is real !!! :rolleyes:

Attachments

• grumpys gnx plate.jpg
    grumpys gnx plate.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 365
I just noticed how the dash says "premium unleaded only". Mine only says "unleaded only". Didnt the GN's require premium? I also noticed that the plate riveted above the firewall below the windshield by the VIN has an "85" stamped on it. Do I have anything to worry about here?

What the hell? My dash doesn't go up to 140, and all the overlays i've seen stretch across the whole area.

Well that's because all the overlays you have seen were cheap repro's! That is another fine reproduction by http://www.buickgn.com/ Mark took the speedo from a turbo Riv and reproduced it in an overlay. So it not only looks original but it was used by Buick. The other 145 overlays look to jamed up and it's hard to tell what speed your at. This one is easy to read and looks awesome IMO! :)

"oneshot" ...does the car have all the GNX parts like the rear end and all that "stuff"... very easy to look an see :eek:

On the Fisher body plate located on the cowl under the hood (near the winshield wiper motor) It will be stamped "GNX". Look for "ASC" on the air conditioner box emissions label :) and on the driver door by the latch.

Grumpy said:
"oneshot" ...does the car have all the GNX parts like the rear end and all that "stuff"... very easy to look an see :eek:

By reading a different thread where he posted pics, I'm almost certain he knows its not a real GNX. I think he is inquiring as to where the dash plaque came from. :)

I was just wondering about the dash plate is all. Not sure how someone would not know if he had a GNX or a GN