GNX 402 dialup warning!)

Re: Black car vs. black truck!

Originally posted by troGNman
The car sounded awesome, even at idle, thru the small resonators. The car is LOUD, but it's a good loud.:cool:

Just so happens I have a 4-meg video clip of the guy parking it after I took pics :D

click here!

The Difference between the GNX, and the Lightning.....

The Lightning runs a 13.1 @ 104, and its a pretty quick truck...I would assume that the GNX is very close to it as far as 1/4 Mile times ago.

I haven't really had a chance to open up the GNX due to the fact that I am afraid the Original GNX Turbo would get damaged (Planning to replace it with a TA-49). The GNX Pulls VERY hard, and is probably a 12 sec car.

The one thing that puts the GNX out of the 'league' is the rear end. I have driven Vipers, LPE Vette's, NSX's, Twin Turbo Ferrai's, and ABSOLUTELY NOTHING comes close to the feeling of the GNX rear end. YES, it actually hikes up the rear a good 4-6", and every bit of that is felt from inside the car. Along with the rear end the car has a very 'tight feel' and it just 'gets up and goes'. Trans shifts are soft, but at Wide open throttle shifts are firm, but not 'too firm'.

I like the GNX better than the Lightning, but it seems that every time I take it out ALL of the moron's are out driving as well. Plus you cannot leave a GNX sitting unattended.

The Lightning is awsome, but when I want to drive something 'special' I take the GNX for a little ride.

Grinning like an idiot and drooling on myself............................

Congrats and enjoy!!!!!

Congrats!

That is a beautiful car. Too bad it never made it to any of our Buick gatherings. That would have been a nice addition to some of our photos.

Andrew

Congrats dude! Beautiful car :)

I must say, I personaly could never own a GNX. I tend to mod the piss out of my cars, and I'd feel bad about tampering with a piece of history like the GNX.

Enjoy it in good healt, dude, and keep it shiny side up ;)

- Matt

Herb, I've said it before and I'll say it again...you are my hero!!! Holy sweet Jesus, that is one fiiiiine automobile. I'm gonna go wipe the slobber off my chin, pants and floor now....hell I need a mop.

19 years old and has a Lightning and a GNX...life is complete!

Now all he needs is the cook/cleaning lady and the butler to give up their porches so he can make room in the garage!!!

Lol...Herb, nice car, thanks for the console, and darnit...I need money dude...Is it Schwab? Chase? whose the investment firm!?!?!?!?!?! lol...Congrats dude, but I will never own a for truck, no matter how fast it is. God bless and good luck Herb!

John