Gnx #359 W/ 9 Miles

fvcwe4

These pics were taken at a local Buick dealer of GNX #359 with 9 miles on it. This car has been sitting in this spot of their old showroom since 1987 and has never been sold or registered. The car was locked and only the owner has the keys, but the salesman let us in to take a few pictures. We unable to snap a picture of the odometer due to the layer of dust on the car and it being locked. Just thought I'd pass it along to you guys. Enjoy!

Attachments

• tn_11.jpg
    tn_11.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 1,532
  • tn_12.jpg
    tn_12.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 1,700
  • tn_13.jpg
    tn_13.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 1,451
  • tn_14.jpg
    tn_14.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 1,423
  • tn_15.jpg
    tn_15.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 1,446
Time warp!!! What an unbelievable car. I know they're so collectible, but what a shame that it's never gotten driven. Thanks for sharing.

Grumpy said:
at this point ya really can't drive them :(
I would not want to drive one like this that is for sure. But man would it be fun drive a 19 year old car with this low a mileage. I wonder what this car would sell for? Sitting in the same spot for all this time. Boggles the mind.

jpratt said:
I would not want to drive one like this that is for sure. But man would it be fun drive a 19 year old car with this low a mileage. I wonder what this car would sell for? Sitting in the same spot for all this time. Boggles the mind.
75-$100K

Sorry I forgot to mention that the GNX is not for sale and part of the deal of taking the pictures was not to disclose where the car is located.

Thanks

That is awesome! Thanks for the pics. I would have been a little shakey with the camera myself, then I would go home and change my pants. :D

It is pretty amazing after all this time that there are several low mileage cars like this one left in existence!

There seems to be a few other cars under wraps in these photos.
Any idea what the other cars are?

The GNX is breath-taking :cool:

Geoff

ghall said:
There seems to be a few other cars under wraps in these photos.
Any idea what the other cars are?

The GNX is breath-taking :cool:

Geoff

Looks like those old Buick "Three Eyes" . . . POS's back then, Major POS's now. Wonder why they kept those?

My Uncle worked for a Chevy Dealership here in Dallas a few years ago and said they still have the Last 1996 Impalla SS they received and one of 100 97 LT4 Camaro SS 30th Anni's in the back, each with less than 15 miles. :eek:

He also worked at a Buick Dealership in 87 and said they got one GNX that never sold until 1989 :eek:

Thanks for sharing the pics.

I'm not surprised that the selling dealer held onto it. Straub Buick in Keyport, NJ still has theirs sitting on the showroom floor. It had 440 miles last time I checked.

The "3-headlight" car looks to be a '85/86 Pontiac J2000 or Sunbird Turbo. Maybe they thought that would be collectible too. :eek:

p.s. I'm curious to see what the dealer sticker next to the GNX sticker said. It shows me that at one time they intended to sell the car when it was new.....just with an "Adjusted Value" markup. :eek:

I know Lauren Buick in Chicago did the same thing...

They did this with a couple GN's and a GNX....

Yeah my Buddy in Long Beach California says they have one

One in there showroom that is. He said he was sure it was a GNX and the owner is not selling it. Just asked him about 2 weeks ago, is there Anybody in Long Beach that can verify this?