gnx 249 anyone see this yet

He is NOT getting it back! Someone won the auction and insurance company did not work with the original owner when he tried to get it back before the auction.
Just goes to show you, you need to take care of your babies/cars/"trophies"/and even trailer queens. They could go anyday

faimlly issues or not if you have something invested wether it is property or cars ,you should check on things once in a while unless you are very wealthy and dont care but its just common sense...i dont think he will ever get his car back becuase it was sold form a police auction as is most likely..good luck though

Is he coming on to the forum to tell his story? I feel for the guy. :(

Does anyone know if the AZ buyer is on this board?

I told him he should but didn't seem to be much of a computer guy. Hopefully he will.

I guess the only good thing about this is at least it wasn't cut up. Wonder if the new owner knows what he has?

A few things come to my mind:

Wow. Awesome it was recovered at some point and also kept in one piece.

The new owner surely knows what they have with a 28k price. Car looks dirty but could just be from sitting for some time, surely awhile between recovery/auction. Hopefully it cleans up well.

Really curious to know it's life from being stolen until now...I would of suspected as likely to go overseas or Mexico as being chopped up.

Sad the original owner couldn't get it back but the fact it was sold at an insurance auction means he must of at least had comprehensive coverage, thankfully. So while it sucks he must of got something in return, hopefully they paid a fair amount for the car when it was stolen.

Keep your eyes on your rides, even if in storage. And anyone not having at least a couple anti theft deterrents and comprehensive coverage on any older car especially a g-body is almost asking for it, unfortunately.

So from what I hear the original owner has received his car back, so the stories about him not getting his car back all BS.

I was only going by what Mark (TR Custom) posted that it was sold at Auction in AZ. I don't know em.

I heard it directly from the original owner of the GNX. Says he did not get the car, don't know him other than the 20 minute conversation I had with him.

I heard it directly from the original owner of the GNX. Says he did not get the car, don't know him other than the 20 minute conversation I had with him.
Going by what the auction results say, that owner retained title, so he was just guessing that he got the car back.???

He is NOT getting it back! Someone won the auction and insurance company did not work with the original owner when he tried to get it back before the auction.

The ins company should not have been the one to "get it back"... The police should have.
The auction winner has no clear right to a car that was known stolen when he bought it. Police auction or not, this stinks.

well car was gone for a while. Did he collect the ins $$$$ ???? IF he did why should the ins co find him. Lots of ins co won't sell the car back to ya. They would own the car. I bet it has a Salvage Title now.

I placed a bid on that car, can I ask how you know it went for 28k??
It was a sealed bid with no details.

From the pics I saw it looked like the car had a rough time in AZ - the light lenses looked faded, the paint looks shot and the rear seat is torn and pulled away from the top rear deck. Just these few items tell me she wasn't pampered by the new owner...

Anyway I didn't win and I don't think it was worth 28k especially with the original numbers missing.

There is now a "watch thread" feature at the top right of every thread.

D