gnx#105

turbo-t

what does everyone think that this all original car will bring at barrett jackson?141 actual miles, car was owned by don schumacher the drag racing giant.all original paper work, jacket,hat,book,etc.its all there.

turbo-t

1987 turbo-t
9.93@ 137 mph
21 lbs boost (social trim)

category"6"
1987 gn
#1 qualifer 2006 gs nats
super 16 turbo
8.17 @167 mph
25 lbs boost
car weighs 3050 with driver
true back/halved car

thanks for your input,Don Schumacher sighned the odometer disclosure statement 11/13/01 :)
this car belongs to a friend of mine,he is thinking about takeing to the barrett jackson auction in ariz. when it comes up.i told him i thought it would bring over 100,000 easy.

Just keep in mind that it will cost a couple grand to ship it all the way out there, then you pay something like 8% at Barret Jackson for a sellers fee if you put a reserve and 4% to go no reserve, so it's alot to think about if you add all that together plus the cost of you going out there too, it adds up pretty quick and nothing is guarenteed that the car will bring the $ every one thinks it will because I believe that one with that low of milage has ever ran through BJ so it's really unknown what it will bring!! :confused: Don't get me wrong I think it will bring some serious $ and I hope it does as much as anybody else does because that will set the standard for everyone and I have GNX #271 signed on the glovebox by Dale Earnhardt Sr.!! :biggrin: :biggrin: Just my humble opinion for what it's worth!

thanks vanman,i will tell my friend to think about all that before he does anything stupid :confused: thats very cool about earnhardt's autograph on your car :) hope you get a ton of money for it!!!!
turbo-t

turbo-t said:
thanks vanman,i will tell my friend to think about all that before he does anything stupid :confused: thats very cool about earnhardt's autograph on your car :) hope you get a ton of money for it!!!!
turbo-t

No problem, just giving you some things to think about before you jump off on something like that!! Also it depends alot on what day the car sells and also what time it sells on that day as to how much it will bring, if you decide to go you definately want to sell on Friday or Saturday as late in the day as possible for the most money!! :biggrin: Thank's for the compliment on my car but it will never be for sale as long as I'm still alive, my kids will sell that car!! ;) I'm not into these cars for the money! :cool:

B-J Auctions have gone to No Reserve only. As far as a couple grand to get the car there, you can probably do it for less than that.

There will be a consigment fee (along with a comission of 8%) based on when the car is on the block, Primetime or Not Primetime. That is totally dependant on B-J as to when it will be run through, and you do not have a choice except to turn down consignment of your car, but keep in mind, they are wise people and know when the car will bring the better dollars. It is only to their benifit that a car brings bigger dollars.

I would think a GNX of this caliber would go primetime. Besides the registration fee there will also be another fee if you want your car under a tent.

There are two schools of thought with auctions that time of year. It is the beginning of the year and who knows what the market will be like. It could be good or it could be soft. You could always wait till after the AZ auction to see what the market will be like and enter it into the Palm Beach auction at the end of March. There are some people who think the dollars are bigger in AZ then they are in Palm Beach, but my last car sold, seemed to bring higher dollars than a similar AZ cars.

If you want to consign to the BJ January 2007 auction where all the cars are now no reserve you need to do it quite soon or all the slots will be filled. You can't decide in late fall or early December because all the slots are gone except to BJ insiders or an especially unique or historic vehicle.

BJ( for the most part Steve Davis) decides when your car runs through and how long it sits on the block. Many a great car runs through early or late and leaves a disappointed seller and happy buyer. There are bargains to be had at the Janury BJ for the astute buyer who gets there early or stays late and does his homework.

Oops

Sorry I didn't know they stoped the reserve at B-J , :redface: is that something they did recently? :confused: I even called and asked my cousin that "keeps" up with B-J before I posted that because I didn't want to tell him the wrong thing! Guess my cousin needs to keep a little better tabs on the auctions!! :eek: Also I was basing the hauling cost off of what it cost me to get one shiped from Ca. to Fl which was $2500, I figured it would be a little cheaper from Ill to Az that's why I said a couple grand. :confused: Whatever you do don't use DAS for shiping, that's the worst experience I ever had shiping a car! :mad: :mad: I paid extra for enclosed shiping, extra for door to door service, and extra to have expedited service! The car was 2 and a half weeks late, I was so pissed after waiting so long I was there the morning it arrived at their warehouse and to my great surprise it was on an open car hauler! :mad: :mad: I then called and spoke to the guy I reserved the move with he immediately cut me off and transfered me to customer service and they only refunded me the $250 for me picking the car up myself from the warehouse which was 85 miles away and nothing else!! :mad: :mad: THEY ARE THE WORST!!

vanman, they went no reserve starting in 2005. Hate to say it, but many of us know how bad DAS is, and sorry you got caught in their BS. I have brought cars from Cali to Fla for $1,650 door to door. Probably a little pricier this month with the cost of fuel. I always use either Fedex Passport or Horseless Carriages.

70Mach1 said:
vanman, they went no reserve starting in 2005. Hate to say it, but many of us know how bad DAS is, and sorry you got caught in their BS. I have brought cars from Cali to Fla for $1,650 door to door. Probably a little pricier this month with the cost of fuel. I always use either Fedex Passport or Horseless Carriages.

Too bad I had to find out the hard way! I've tried a few since then like Intercity, and Excell and they were both cheaper than DAS! The guy from Excell moved a car from Chicago to here in Fl for $750 and he had the nicest truck and the fastest service, I called last Weds afternoon and it was here at 8 am this Tues! :) I heard that horseless Carriage was really good, I was thinking about using them next time, I haven't heard too much about Fed Ex except that they were now shiping vehicles, how are they?

Horseless Carraige

twinvipers said:
FEDEX is good...
Horseless Carraige is very good. They have excellent trucks and nice drivers. They are alittle more expensive but worth it. Minn to NY was 1125.00, CA to NY was 2450.00 enclosed and within 2 weeks.

Fedex did my last move and did a good job. The big positive with them, especially when moving a car somewhere other than where you will be there when it arrives, they will take credit cards. Horseless Carriages will not, must be a cashiers check on arrival.

As GNX 233, 485 says, Horseless has real nice trucks and the drivers are very friendly and cooperative. They make it easy to work with you when the car is in your area.