gnx 070 on ebay cheap...

On the surface it seems to be a great buy. I would definitely check it out in person before laying down the $. The low resolution pictures make it hard to see what you're really getting.

CAR HAS LOST IT'S COLLECTOR VALUE .. SPEEDO TAMPER . MORE THEN ONCE . IT'S WORTH 25 -30 GN VALUE .

I have no vested interest in this car, but I wouldn't put too much faith in an autocheck or carfax report. It is however another good reason to check a car out in person first before laying down the $.

I know the car, and there is no issues on the speedo, Iowa can be a bit backwards on title issues. A good coat of wax and the car is ready to go

I know the car, and there is no issues on the speedo, Iowa can be a bit backwards on title issues. A good coat of wax and the car is ready to go
OOOOHHH OK . STILL 25-30 TILL OTHERWISE PROVEN THAT THE SPEEDO HAS NOT BEEN MESSED WITH . THIS BETTER ? :D

OOOHHH OK . STILL 25-30 TILL OTHERWISE PROVEN THAT THE SPEEDO HAS NOT BEEN MESSED WITH . THIS BETTER ? :D

in your dreams! car is $45K+ until proven other wise. all you people who cannot afford a GNX are so quick to slam them !
you just cannot stand it, and feel you must be the self appointed "expert" who must criticize each one to validate your inability
to own one!

I can no longer trust any carfax reports after looking at one for my 86. :mad: It shows possible odometer tampering. None of which has occured.
Keep in mind I'm the original owner. I figured out why they show it, just nothing I can do about it now.
Seems while I was in CA, and had to get it smogged every two years is where the trouble came from. Each smogger looked at the odometer and interpreted it in his own way. Some added the leading "1" and some did not, so over the years the odometer entries on the smog for went from 1xx,xxx to xx,xxx over several times.

CArfax demands documented proof to correct this, but unfortunately I can't provide it.

The same mistakes were made on my 87 GN, and I can't fix that either.

Going to be interesting when it comes time to sell them.

I've had a total of 7 different Turbo Buicks over the years, 2 of which had errors on these reports. One I was able to get fixed with documentation. There was a story on 20/20 I believe a week or two ago that highlighted this problem. These reports are unreliable. If Billy Bob down at the service station reports something erroneous it's most likely documented for the life of the car and will hurt the value because a lot of people put too much weight on these reports likely due to successful advertising from Autocheck and Carfax over the years. These reports can also mean the opposite. I bought a car (Non Turbo Buick) one time off ebay. The report was clean and clear. When the car arrived it looked like it had been run through the ringer and likely a theft recovery. That's why from then on I always look at a car first before buying and if I go for an inspection I make certain they document the mileage correctly.

OOOHHH OK . STILL 25-30 TILL OTHERWISE PROVEN THAT THE SPEEDO HAS NOT BEEN MESSED WITH . THIS BETTER ? :D

in your dreams! car is $45K+ until proven other wise. all you people who cannot afford a GNX are so quick to slam them !
you just cannot stand it, and feel you must be the self appointed "expert" who must criticize each one to validate your inability
to own one!
THE REPORTS MITE BE WRONG . BUT IT WILL MAKE IT HARD TO SELL . WHEN YOU SELL YOURS . I WILL SELL YOU MINE WITH A PERFECT REPORT FOR $70

olddog said:

to own one!

Why is the reasoning always because someone can't afford it?! Just because you can afford a car does not make you an expert.

I'd love to see any of the people who own Ferraris and Lambo's try and even do the oil change themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Turbo Buick

After owning a gnx I could drive , I'm simply amazed more weren't driven , they ride great run strong and a joy to drive
A driver gnx is the way to go
To live life owning a gnx and not driving it = sin

Alot of car for the money
Plus more head room for a driver to go up in value
Pete